Politics: 40 + 1001 + 5 REASONS to NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA
4 Gas prices were $1.84 when President Obama took office.
5 Obama’s policies are actually bad for the underdogs and minorities.the poverty rate has swollen, real unemployment (including those people who have despaired of finding work) has skyrocketed, and government dependency has increased a stunning 23 percent
ObamaCare, formally known as “The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” will impose massive penalties on young workers, small businesses and others who choose not to buy expensive health insurance, beginning in 2014
1) Obama took 700 billion dollars out of the Medicare program and put it into his wildly unpopular health care program. This is despite the fact that even Obama has admitted,
Medicare in particular will run out of money, and we will not be able to sustain that program no matter how much taxes go up.
Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan will put that money back into the Medicare program where it belongs, while Obama won’t.
Christians are suffering major persecution throughout the Middle East and North Africa after Obama’s military support of the Arab Spring. Everything Obama does overseas benefits Muslims and harms Christians.
2) Barack Obama’s stimulus plan cost more than the Marshall Plan, the Louisiana Purchase, and putting a man on the moon — combined and it was a complete and utter failure — more than 800 billion dollars that accomplished nothing of significance.
3) If Barack Obama is re-elected, Obamacare will go into effect in 2014. This will lead to huge doctor shortages, exploding health care costs, companies dropping insurance, death panels, much longer waits to see a doctor, and a dramatic deterioration in the quality of American medical care.
4) Do you believe that your taxes should go up in the next four years? Well, Barack Obama does,
“Nobody’s looking to raise taxes right now. We’re talking about potentially 2013 and the out years.” — Barack Obama
5) Even the left-wingers at Politifact admit that Obama broke his promise to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term.
6) America lost its AAA credit rating for the first time since 1917 on Obama’s watch.
Obama’s Middle East: ‘Arab Spring’ or ‘Christian Winter’? Obama owns the ‘Arab spring’ and the resulting persecution of the Christians.
7) Even though Barack Obama keeps blaming do-nothing Republicans for his myriad of failures, the Republicans in the House have passed multiple budgets while Barack Obama and the Democrats in the Senate haven’t pushed a budget through in the last three years. That’s a big deal because passing a budget is one of the most basic duties of Congress. A Congress that can’t pass a budget is like a mechanic who can’t handle an oil change.
Barack Obama called George Bush “unpatriotic” for adding so much to the debt. Yet, Obama added more debt in 3 years and 2 months than Bush did in both terms.
9) “Do you think it’s okay for Barack Obama’s campaign contributors at Solyndra to receive a 535 million dollar government loan, approved by one of Obama’s fundraisers, even though it was known that the company was in trouble and there was an excellent chance it wouldn’t be able to pay back the loan?”
10) Barack Obama is touting his interference on behalf of his union cronies at General Motors and Chevrolet as a big “success.” The cost of that “success” for the taxpayers? 25 billion dollars.
11) Obama selected Tim Geithner, a man who was a tax cheat, to be his Treasury Secretary. That’s bad enough, but then Obama spent his whole first term lobbying for tax increases and accusing other people of being greedy for wanting to keep more of their own money. When even the Treasury Secretary refuses to willingly pay all of his taxes, maybe the problem is that you’re spending too much, not taxing the American people too little.
12) Under the “Cash for Clunkers” program, Obama spent 3 billion so he could buy and destroy perfectly functional cars. This was mind-numbingly stupid, but it was supposed to at least cause a major spike in auto sales and improve gas efficiency. The program is now almost universally recognized as a failure on every count.
13) Barack Obama put an end to NASA’s manned space flight. In other words, because of Obama we no longer even have the same capabilities that we had in 1969. Meanwhile, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden says the “foremost” mission of NASA is now Muslim outreach. Yes, really.
14) Despite the fact that Obama had a disastrous first term, he hasn’t even put forth a second term agenda. After one of the worst four year runs of any President in American history, Obama’s message to the voters is, “Trust my judgment when it comes to deciding what we’ll do differently.”
15) “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, ‘Well, it must be ’cause I was just so smart.’ There are a lot of smart people out there. ‘It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.’ Let me tell you something: If you’ve got a business, that–you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” — Barack Obama
16) After BP had a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, Obama exacerbated the crisis and dramatically slowed down the clean-up with his incompetent handling of the whole affair. Obama performed so poorly that even James Carville and Chris Matthews were publicly criticizing him.
18) We were told that George W. Bush was a cowboy who was making the world hate us. Yet, as Chuck Norris notes,
The Washington Times reports that, according to a poll by even two left-leaning groups, “A majority of Americans say the United States is less respected in the world than two years ago and believe President Obama and other Democrats fall short of Republicans on the issue of national security.”In February 2012, Gallup reported that “Americans continue to express much greater dissatisfaction than satisfaction with the United States’ position in the world, and their views have improved little since hitting a low point in 2008.”
19) “But I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.” — Barack Obama. In 2008, Barack Obama ran as a moderate, bipartisan reformer who was going to change the tone in Washington. He has governed as a hyper-partisan, arrogant, divisive, polar opposite of the man he pretended to be in 2008.
20) Although liberals and conservatives disagree on who’s to blame for Obama’s poor performance as President, there seems to be general agreement that he hasn’t done very well. Of course, you can’t tell Obama that.
Oprah: What grade would you give yourself, for this year?
Obama: Um, good solid B+
…Oprah: So B+, what could you have done better?
Obama: Well B+ because of the things that are undone. Health care is not yet signed. If I get health care passed we tip into A minus.
21) Despite claiming to be in favor of traditional marriage to get elected, Barack Obama betrayed Christians by coming out in favor of gay marriage.
22) The First Amendment rights of the Catholic Church are being violated under Obamacare. Despite its long recognized religious opposition to contraceptives and abortifacients, Obama is demanding that Catholic hospitals go against their faith to remain open. Every last Catholic bishop in the United States opposes Obama’s anti-Christian policy and it will likely lead to numerous Catholic hospitals shutting down if Obama is re-elected.
23) Barack Obama despicably played the race card by telling Hispanic Americans that Republicans were their “enemies.”
And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us, if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder – and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.
The President of the United States shouldn’t be trying to pit different groups of Americans against each other based on the color of their skin.
24) “The Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. . . . What I think we know — separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact.” — Barack Obama on the arrest of his friend, Henry Louis Gates.
25) The “Justice Department” helped put guns in the hands of drug cartels via Operation Fast and Furious that were used to kill hundreds of Mexican citizens and at least one American, Brian Terry. After stonewalling a congressional investigation, Barack Obama asserted executive privilege to try to keep the truth from coming out about the biggest scandal since Watergate.
26) We essentially have an open borders policy in America now for illegal aliens who haven’t committed felonies in the United States.
27) Barack Obama is illegally trying to implement the DREAM Act by fiat, despite the fact that it failed to get through Congress.
28) The fence on our southern border was supposed to be completed in 2009. Not only has it not been completed, but the virtual fence has been put off until at least 2016.
29) Because Barack Obama is so out of touch, he thinks that “the private sector is doing fine.”.
30) Obama has blocked the keystone pipeline and ANWR while he has held up offshore drilling in the Gulf and demonized oil companies. It’s hard to say how much more you’re paying at the pump because of Barack Obama, but we can be sure the amount is considerable.
31) In 2011, nearly 1 in 7 Americans were on food stamps. Is setting a record for putting the most Americans on food stamps really the sort of achievement that should merit a second term?
32) Despite the billions of dollars that were spent on TARP, U.S. home ownership is at a decade long low. So is the number of Americans who say their home is worth more than they paid for it. Home prices are the lowest they’ve been since 2002.
33) The staggering cost of the new regulations that the Obama Administration has implemented on American businesses over the last 3 1/2 years? 84 billion dollars.
34) Obama sent BILLIONS of dollars of YOUR TAX DOLLARS overseas as part of the stimulus package. The stimulus may have been a complete failure here in America, but I’m sure the companies in China, Spain, and South Korea sure loved pocketing our money.
35) In a more competent administration, what happened with Johnson Controls, Inc would have been a big scandal. That company was given 300 million dollars of stimulus money and used it to create…..150 jobs. That’s 2 million dollars per job created. Unfortunately, the Obama Administration has performed so poorly, in so many ways, that this minor disaster has barely even been a blip on the radar.
36) George W. Bush started the TARP program, but Barack Obama supported the program, continued it, and made it worse. The cost of bailing out all those “too big to fail” fatcats who wanted capitalism on the way up and socialism on the way down? At least 34 billion dollars of taxpayer money although that dramatically understates the real cost because many banks paid back the TARP money with other funds that they received from the government.
37) We’ve had the longest streak of above 8% unemployment under Barack Obama since the Great Depression. Meanwhile, according to the Obama Administration, his stimulus bill was supposed to have produced 5.6% unemployment by now.
38) The terrible jobless numbers don’t really give you a sense of how badly Obama has done as President because those who quit looking for jobs are no longer counted in the numbers. We’ve had the most rapid decline in labor force participation in recent history under Obama — from 65.7% in 2009 to 63.7% in 2012.
39) Under Barack Obama’s leadership, we’ve had the weakest economic recovery of any country, anywhere in the world since 1970
40) “Look, I’m at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I’ve got four years. And, you know, a year from now I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress. But there’s still going to be some pain out there. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.” — Barack Obama on the economy in February of 2009
This is the full list of 1001 Reasons to Vote Against Barack Obama:
- The man started his presidency off with a bang by botching his oath of office.
- For good measure, he set the tone for his administration for allowing Chief Justice John Roberts to take the blame for the error.
- Obama promises on the campaign trail to immediately shut down Guantanamo Bay. The detention facility is open three years later and counting.
- In the same breath, he promises to restore habeas corpus. Three years into his term, he signs the National Defense Authorization Act, which leaves open the possibility of indefinite detention of American citizens.
- President Obama ordered the assassination of an American citizen.
- As Senator, Obama spoke out against but voted for the Patriot Act.
- As President, he extended it, with an auto-pen, while he was in France.
- Obama continues the “Bush practice” of extraordinary rendition.
- As a candidate, Obama promises to end the War in Iraq and bring all troops home within 16 months. He even says in 2007 that it would be the first thing he would do in office, and that “you can take that to the bank.” As president, he announces all troops would be withdrawn by the end of 2011 (34 months later).
- Obama states the Afghan War would conclude in June 2011, but projections now have us running into 2014.
- As Senator, Obama opposes the surge in Iraq. He claims that increasing troop levels by 20,000 would actually increase sectarian violence.
- When pulling troops out of Iraq, Obama tries to claim success for ending the war, without giving credit to Bush or the troops for any “victory.” The Bush surge was what turned the tide in the war.
- Sectarian violence is up sharply since Obama pulled troops out of Iraq in December 2011.
- President Obama refuses to say “victory” is necessarily the goal in Afghanistan. Obama reasons the U.S. should not project the image of Emperor Hirohito being forced to sign a treaty of surrender before Macarthur to end the war against Japan.
- Emperor Hirohito did not sign the treaty of surrender ending the war against Japan. It was his foreign minister Shigemitsu.
- Obama plans to ease travel restrictions to communist Cuba in 2009. And in 2011.
- The president pledges a “new beginning” with the Cuban dictatorial regime.
- A glance at a Cuban-U.S. relations timeline running to December 2011 shows nothing changed.
- President Obama greets Venezuela’s socialist dictator Hugo Chavez warmly at the Summit of the Americas.
- Earlier that month, Chavez calls Obama an “ignoramus.”
- At the same summit, President Obama sits patiently through a 50 minute diatribe against the United States delivered by socialist strongman Daniel Ortega, only scribbling notes instead of walking out with his diplomatic team.
- President Obama meets a grinning Daniel Ortega at the same summit.
- When asked later by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper what he thought of the anti-American tirade, President Obama replies, “It was 50 minutes long. That’s what I thought.”
- The attempted subversion of the rule of law in Honduras by the socialist president Zelaya, which would have unconstitutionally put him on the ballot for a third term, prompts his judicial removal from office. Obama condemns the supposed “coup” as “not legal.”
- President Obama directs his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to cut off $30 million in aid to Honduras.
- Election fraud propelling anti-Israel Iranian president and saber-rattling madman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad back to power leads to a mass civil uprising. Despite reports of widespread and cruel bloodshed repressing the protests, President Obama says nothing for ten days.
- President Obama refuses to “intervene” in pro-democratic Iranian protests.
- Obama’s first call as president is made to the Palestinian Authority’s Fatah leader President Mahmoud Abbas.
- Obama’s first formal interview is conducted with Al-Arabiya television.
- One of President Obama’s first executive orders is to greatly restrict the influence of lobbyists in his administration.
- Years later, it is well-known that the Obama administration routinely meets with lobbyists off White House grounds, where Secret Service logs are not kept.
- In 2012, Obama promotes a recent lobbyist with Mexican illegal immigration advocate La Raza from a position as director of intergovernmental affairs to director of the Domestic Policy Council.
- The second executive order Obama gives is one reversing Bush era rules safeguarding prior administration’s records. It narrows “executive privilege.”
- Obama invokes executive privilege within the first year over the gatecrasher fiasco.
- In late 2011, the Obama administration refuses to turn over all communiques relating to the politically seedy financing of bankrupt solar panel company Solyndra.
- Another early executive order froze pay for White House staffers making over $100,000. A year later 74% of staffers got a pay raise, many of them to well over a $100,000. (Freezing pay does not apply to promotions or position changes.) The average boost was 9%, three times private sector average.
- The next year, 54% got a raise. The average increase was 8%, and of those who got raises, it was nearly 16%.
- Barack Obama was declared by presidential historian Michael Beschloss as “probably the smartest guy ever to become president.” Beschloss gushed that Obama’s IQ was “off the charts,” but when pressed by radio host Don Imus, he could not say what Obama’s IQ was.
- Despite being heralded as a brilliant thinker, Obama still to this day refuses to release his college records.
- Barack Obama received a degree from prestigious Columbia University, where hardly anybody recalls him attending there.
- As editor of the Harvard Law Review, Barack Obama anonymously wrote one article – championing abortion.
- The one quote provided from the article cited by Politico contains a grammatical error – “in to” instead of “into.”
- A letter to a Harvard newspaper written by Obama shows rampant grammatical errors, including a demonstrable lack of subject-predicate agreement.
- In Dreams from My Father, Obama makes known that he “chose his friends carefully” and deliberately sought out “Marxist Professors,” “structural feminists,” and discussed with his friends the socialist, anti-colonialist revolutionary Franz Fanon.
- Before becoming president, Barack Obama authored not just one, but two biographies, making him millions of dollars.
- In his book The Audacity of Hope, Obama was cited as saying The Constitution is a “living document,” that can be interpreted “in the context of an ever-changing world” (i.e. however he wants).
- Before becoming an author, the president admitted he wrote some “very bad poetry.” This is true. Just one sample shows the same tendency to split a conjoined word: it’s not “under water,” it’s “underwater.”
- Literary analysis performed by an expert at detecting forgery and fraud points to the strong possibility that Obama’s biographies were written by ghostwriters.
- Additional evidence shows that the ghost writer for Dreams from My Father may very well have been unrepentant socialist terrorist and then-contemporary English professor William Ayers of the Weather Underground.
- When Barack Obama was young, he was mentored by Moscow-connected Communist Party member Frank Marshall Davis. Identified as only “Frank” in his biography Dreams from my Father, it was claimed that “Frank” was a poet on par with contemporary communist poet Langston Hughes. It was later discovered that this had to be Davis, a poet who had indeed joined the Communist Party USA. Obama later confirmed the relationship with Davis while attempting to distance himself from him.
- In late 2008, Obama’s spokesman Robert Gibbs denied to Chris Matthews that William Ayers held a fundraiser for Barack Obama. Later on, William Ayers was caught on tape admitting that he held a fundraiser for Obama in which the future president was in attendance.
- As ABC News reported in March 2008, Obama’s pastor of 20 years, baptizer of his children, and “close confidante” Reverend Wright was confirmed on numerous occasions as incorporating heated anti-American rhetoric into his sermons, such as “goddamn America,” and claiming 9/11 was deserved as “America’s chickens coming home to roost.”
- As Politico and ABC News reported, criminal Tony Rezko, who was convicted of corruption, gave President Obama a sweetheart deal on real estate property and donated $120,000 to Obama’s Senate campaign.
- Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel was reported by Think Progress as probably having been the whistleblower who outed impeached and convicted former governor Rod Blagojevich in the pay-to-play scandal. Such an action suggests that Emanuel may have been seeking to distance Obama from Blagojevich. Recordings of Blagojevich repeatedly mentioning Emanuel along with potential candidate and Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett, and testimony that Emanuel relayed a message to the governor that Obama would “value and appreciate” consideration of Jarrett, provide strong appearance of ethical misconduct.
- Multiple sources provide documented, archived evidence that Barack Obama was a member of the Democratic Socialists of America-connected “New Party” in Illinois.
- Verifiable communist Alice Palmer, who worked for well-known Soviet front group U.S. Peace Council, hand picked Obama to be her successor as state senator. Described by the LA Times as Obama’s “mentor,” she later endorsed fellow Alinskyite Hillary Clinton.
- As state senator, President Obama voted “present” nearly 130 times.
- Obama was given 100% “pro-choice” rating by abortion advocates NARAL. As state senator, Obama voted against banning partial birth abortion.
- In 2007, Senator Obama was rated as the most liberal senator, according to his voting record.
- Obama had been given glowing endorsement by the Communist Party USA.
- In early 2009, President Obama says the following, “I don’t like the idea of spending more government money, nor am I interested in expanding government’s role.”
- Time magazine reports that Obama’s $787 billion “stimulus” plan, which no GOP in the House voted for, fails by its own measures. Unemployment still above 8%, economy continues to bleed jobs.
- Candidate Barack Obama publicly promises to go “line by line” through legislation to remove wasteful earmarks.
- Obama stimulus gave $200,000 to teach Siberian lawmakers how to engage Russian policy makers in Moscow.
- Stimulus funding of $250,000 went to bug storage for an insect museum at North Carolina State University that gets 44 visitors a year.
- Gave $500,000 to put microchips in recycling bins to check up on the recycling efforts of senior citizens.
- $5 million to create a geothermal energy system for the Oak Ridge City Center shopping mall in Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- $9.38 million to renovate a century-old train depot in Lancaster County, Pa., that has not been used for three decades.
- Provided $712,000 spent on a project by researchers at Northwestern University to develop “machine-generated humor.”
- Buses in Winter Haven, Florida that average two riders per hour got $2.4 million so that the two riders per hour would have brand new buses to ride on.
- A Georgia Tech assistant music professor got $760,000 so he could jam with “world renowned musicians” to “create satisfying works of art.”
- The California Academy of Sciences got $2 million dollars to send people to the Indian Ocean to photograph ants. “Everyone has run into ants … now we need to listen to them,” one ant photographer said.
- The University of North Carolina received $762,000 to create a YouTube dance application.
- $462,000 to purchase 22 concrete toilets for use in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri.
- $3.1 million to transform a canal barge into a floating museum that will travel the Erie Canal in New York.
- $3.4 million to create an underground turtle tunnel, or eco-passage, in Lake Jackson, Florida.
- About a half-million dollars to give smartphones to people trying to quit smoking so they could “contact their quitting support groups by text message or phone calls to prevent relapses.”
- Almost $300,000 to study how Yoga might reduce menopausal hot flashes.
- $983,952 for street beautification in Ann Arbor, Mich., including decorative lighting, trees, benches and bike paths.
- $1 million for Portland, Ore., to replace 100 aging bike lockers and build a garage that would house 250 bicycles.
- $700,000 to Oregon crab fishermen to help recover lost crab pots.
- $1.5 billion for a Carbon Capturing Contest.
- $300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.
- SUNY Buffalo received $390,000 to study young adults who drink malt liquor and smoke marijuana.
- Montana received $2.2 million to install skylights in their state-run liquor warehouse.
- $800,000 given to John Murtha Airport to repave a back runway used by about 20 passengers a day. This was in addition to millions given to this airport over the decades.
- $1 million was given to a Chicago dinner cruise company to “combat terrorism.”
- $30 million for a spring training baseball complex for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies.
- The Coast Guard gets $572 million to create 1,235 new jobs. This comes to $460,000 per job.
- $11 million for Microsoft to build a bridge connecting its two headquarter campuses in Redmond, Wash., which are separated by a highway.
- $1.15 million to install a guardrail for a persistently dry lake bed in Guymon, Oklahoma.
- $2.5 million in stimulus checks sent to the deceased.
- $6 million for a snow-making facility in Duluth, Minnesota.
- Millions spent on signs advertising the “American Reinvestment and Recovery Act.”
- Barack Obama carries out much of the $700 billion TARP program. Obama forces banks to take money, and even refuses to accept repayment in some cases to wield control over them.
- President Obama takes over two of three top U.S. automakers GM & Chrysler.
- Obama essentially fires GM CEO Rick Wagoner.
- Obama replaces the previous GM CEO with “Auto Czar” Steve Rattner, who had no experience in the automobile industry.
- Steven Rattner was appointed (without Senate confirmation) while he was under SEC investigation in NY for illegal kickbacks in exchange for pensions fraud.
- Rattner estimated the cost to U.S. taxpayers for auto bailouts at $14 billion.
- Obama deprives GM bondholders of their rightful compensation in order to maintain perquisites for United Auto Workers, which drove the company into bankruptcy to begin with. This is in violation of Article 1: Section 8 clause on uniform bankruptcies.
- Despite being called a “success,” at least 16,500 jobs were lost due to GM and Chrysler plant closures.
- Dealerships contracted with GM & Chrysler all over the country were shut down. Evidence suggests that Democrat-donating dealers were rescued from shutdowns.
- Obama’s touted “cash for clunkers” program was a fiasco that led to program mismanagement, taxpayer subsidized waste, and a temporary boost leading to original purchase levels.
- Thousands of cars were destroyed, harming the ability of the poor to have cheap transportation.
- Evidence shows that the program led only to an increase in national fuel efficiency of 0.65 miles per gallon.
- As part of the GM takeover, Obama authorized billions to be spent subsidizing the electric-powered Chevy Volt.
- The car was alleged by many to be prone to spontaneous combustion. Every single Chevy Volt sold, all 8,000 of them, was recalled.
- High campaign contributor General Electric received billions in subsidies, grants, and green energy tax breaks under Obama. In fact, GE paid zero taxes in 2010 on $14.2 billion in “profit.”
- General Electric spent more than $65.7 million on lobbying during the Obama administration – more than any other company.
- Former GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt was made Obama’s “Jobs Czar,” technically, the head of the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. Immelt once lamented that America was not more like Germany, where “business and government work… as a pack.” As writer Timothy Carney pointed out at the Washington Examiner, Germany is 49 of 57 countries ranked in terms of nascent entrepreneurship, and “the biggest German companies today – Allianz, Deutsche Bank, Daimler, Siemens, Volkswagen, Krupp – were the biggest companies 90 years ago.”
- GE has sent tens of thousands of its jobs overseas under Obama.
- GE spearheaded the commission that pushed through the ban on incandescent light bulbs. The company, along with Phillips, stood to make billions on toxic and overhyped compact fluorescent light bulbs. In the meantime, GE closed the last major incandescent plant in the country, meaning lost jobs here and thousands gained in China. The light bulb ban was later defunded by the Republican-led House, but not overturned.
- GE’s previously owned company MSNBC was notorious on both right and left for showing indisputably favorable coverage to Barack Obama during the 2008 election campaign. MSNBC was later bought out by Comcast, which now has a 51% majority share.
- Another major green energy supplier, Solyndra, was famously given at least $535 million in government loans to produce solar energy panels, but later had to file bankruptcy.
- Solyndra was led by Tulsa Billionaire George Kaiser, a key Obama fundraiser who donated $53,500 to the president’s election campaign, and raised between $50,000 and $100,000 for the same cause.
- The Solyndra workers on unemployment received bonus payments of $13,000 each due to a trade law, in addition to their unemployment compensation.
- As reported by CBS, Solyndra was recently caught on film destroying millions in parts.
- Solyndra was a relatively minor recipient of green energy loans and subsidies. As reported by the NY Times, NRG Energy received nearly $1.6 billion to provide solar energy to about 100,000 homes. As the article points out, green energy companies can receive cash grants of up to 30% of a project up front instead of taking tax breaks in the future. This would mean NRG Energy can get a $430 million “bonus” after the project is completed.
- According to the Department of Energy, “clean energy” loans total over $35 billion, producing just 62,500 jobs. That calculates to $565,000 per job.
- The man Obama selected to oversee the Department of Energy, Steven Chu, once explicitly compared the American public to teenagers who need to be “educated” on the merits of “green energy.”
- Admitted communist Van Jones, who once said on live radio that his intention was to overthrow capitalism through the means of “eco-capitalism,” was tapped as Obama’s “Green Jobs Czar.” A former White House aide provides a testimonial that everyone who works close to the president is thoroughly vetted.
- Van Jones was later forced to resign, after months of major media stonewalling, only after it was discovered that the man was a verifiable 9/11 “Truther.”
- Van Jones was selected for the position by Obama confidante Valerie Jarrett, a fellow-traveling radical whose father Vernon Davis was a card-carrying communist who knew Frank Marshall Davis. Valerie Jarrett’s mentor was Marilyn Katz, who worked security for Students for a Democratic Society, knows William Ayers intimately, and penned a book with famous communist Carl Davidson.
- Former head of the Environmental Protect Agency Carol M. Browner, director of Obama’s Energy and Climate Change policy from 2009-2011, was reported by the Washington Times to have been a member of the Socialist Internationale’s Commission for a Sustainable World Society. (Note the number and variety of world leaders.)
- Obama’s “Science Czar” John Holdren once co-wrote a book advocating forced abortions, and widespread sterilization. He also advocated centralizing world government control of all natural resources under a “Planetary Regime.”
- Obama’s “Regulatory Czar” Cass Sunstein wrote a book on how to “nudge” people in government’s desired direction, while advocating methods such as using copyright laws to achieve an “optimum chilling effect” over free speech, and to eliminate “conspiracy theories,” such as manmade global warming theory being a fraud.
- President Obama appointed former Bush adviser Howard Schmidt to be an unaccountable “Cyber Czar.” The announcement came as the Pentagon opened up its own cybercommand unit and the Department of Homeland Security hired 1,000 cybersecurity specialists.
- FCC Chair Julius Genachowski implemented rules tantamount to “Net Neutrality,” despite a court order reprimanding the agency for lacking the authority to do so. The House voted to strike down the “Open Internet” regulations, but the Senate recently voted against nullifying them. The regulations are currently in force, but it is unclear how long they will last.
- Lightsquared, a wireless technology firm, was given FCC exemptions to build out a 4G wireless network, allowing it to acquire bandwidth on the cheap. The owner of the company Phil Falcone was a campaign contributor to Obama to the tune of $30,400.
- Thousands of emails acquired under FOIA request suggest that the Obama administration pressured Air Force General William Shelton to stifle criticism of a potential Lightsquared military contract that the company’s operations could interfere with the military’s GPS positioning system.
- According to the Examiner, then-Senator Barack Obama was steered by financial advisor George Haywood into investing $90,000 in Lightsquared when it was called Skyterra. Billionaire investor George Soros, a well-known financier of radical causes, was also prominent as an investor.
- The BP oil spill, the largest in U.S. history, was only slowed after action was taken by the administration 40 days into the spill. Former Clinton strategist James Carville took the president to task for his lack of leadership on the matter.
- BP was strong-armed by the president into creating a $20 billion escrow account for damage claims, in violation of Fifth Amendment due process rights.
- President Obama enacted and extended an offshore drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico after the spill. Despite a federal court order over-ruling the moratorium, Obama continued it anyway. As ABC News reported, months after the BP oil spill leak was plugged, clean up crews could not find the oil spill, as the Gulf had apparently broken it up. The administration promised to lift the moratorium in late 2010, but rescinded it and instead established a seven-year moratorium.
- The oil moratorium cost American workers at least 19,000 jobs and $1.1 billion in wages. The Gulf drilling company Seahawk was forced into bankruptcy.
- The Export-Import Bank, whose chair was selected by Obama, guaranteed a loan of $2 billion to Brazilian oil company Petrobras SA for offshore oil drilling. A widely distributed, but obviously erroneous article filled with half-truths and distortions published by Forbes admits that Obama contributor and fundraiser George Soros indeed did profit from holding shares in Petrobras SA.
- This is what President Obama said on his visit to Brazil in March 2011, “We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you’re ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers.”
- In the first year of Obama’s administration, he won the Nobel Peace Prize, even though wars overseas were still ongoing, and future undeclared wars and conflicts were yet to be carried out by the man.
- President Obama is the only commander-in-chief to violate the War Powers Act. As ABC reported, Obama was warned ahead of time by Congress and he ignored it.
- In President Obama’s acceptance speech, he said, “One urgent example is the effort to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons, and to seek a world without them.” Calling this agenda a “centerpiece” of his foreign policy, the president dismissed the contention held by numerous scholars that nuclear weapons likely prevented World War III. Getting the United States to disband its nuclear weapons program was a major centerpiece of the former USSR’s active measures campaign, which was carried out by such institutions as the communist front World Peace Council.
- Obama’s Secretary of State offered a “reset” button to Russia early on in his administration. Labeled peregruzka, the button actually said “overcharge” in Russian. The correct term is perezagruzka.
- President Obama cancelled plans to station an anti-ballistic missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic.
- The president narrows the conditions under which nuclear weapons are authorized to be used, including ruling them out for retaliation against chemical and biological attack from non-nuclear states that are in compliance with the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
- At the end of 2011, Russia threatens to pull out of START, due to complaints about its conventional arms build-up in Europe. In 2008, Russia pulled out of the Conventional Armed Forces in Europe treaty, which had limited regional military presence on the European continent, and also launched a military campaign into Georgia after meddling in that state’s territories of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Obama shared data with Russia on U.S. forces in Europe, while discussions with Russia over developing and even joint administering an ABM defense system in Europe led to vehement saber-rattling from the Kremlin.
- Russia helped Iran build a nuclear power plant in Bushehr, and despite denials by the Democrats in the not-so-distant past, the Iranians have a nuclear weapons program. Obama complained of the effect of sanctions on Iran’s economy, though remaining unable to get Russia and China on board with implementing the sanctions.
- Iran threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz in December 2011, while taunting the U.S. Navy there.
- Obama dispatched a team of dolphins to deal with the situation.
- In 2011, the United States loses a sophisticated spy drone in Iran. President Obama is rebuffed when he asks the rogue state for the drone back. Instead, the Iranians offer a miniature model to the president.
- Early in his administration, President Obama, acting as an official head of state, bowed deeply to the Saudi prince.
- President Obama botches the traditional bow to the Japanese emperor, displaying weakness to the country.
- When Barack Obama first moved into the Oval Office, he sent ally Britain back its gift of a Winston Churchill bust.
- President Obama gave Prime Minister Gordon Brown a gift set of DVDs not even formatted correctly for play in Europe.
- Obama gave the queen an iPod with his speeches on it. Michelle Obama breaks obvious protocol and hugs the queen.
- When Obama visited Westminster Abbey in 2011, he signed the guest book May 24, 2008.
- President Obama made a joke on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno about a recent bowling game, ““I bowled a 129….it was like Special Olympics, or something.”
- Actually, the president bowled a 37.
- When President Obama threw out the first pitch at baseball game, he nearly launched it into the bleachers.
- While praising troops at Fort Drum, NY for their service in Iraq and Afghanistan, President Obama said, “A comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Wrong hero. Sgt. 1st Class Jared Monti was killed in action. Another soldier, Staff Sgt. Sal Giunta, was the first living recipient of the Medal of Honor that fought in Afghanistan.
- Obama famously failed to salute the flag while Senator as he attended a steak fry with Tom Harkin in Indianola, IA 2007.
- Five days before Obama was elected, he said that he wanted to “fundamentally transform” America. Cause you know, that’s why we elect presidents.
- In an interview given before he was sworn in to be president, Barack Obama states that the Constitution had “deep flaws.”
- Barack Obama claims he is fighting something “uncomfortably similar” to Nazism in the United States.
- President Obama was the top corporate campaign donations recipient during the 2008 elections, far exceeding John McCain. Three of Obama’s top contributors were Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, and Google.
- Although Obama’s Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner never worked for Goldman Sachs, his adviser Gene Perling did. Sachs received preferential treatment during TARP, because its investments in AIG were effectively insured by the U.S. government. AIG was pushed off a cliff, and then taken over by the government. GS was compensated for what would have been “toxic assets.” Goldman Sachs alum Hank Paulson, who was Treasury Secretary at the time of the bailout hostile takeover, insisted the AIG CEO step aside for fellow Goldman Sachs alum Edward Liddy, who even held millions in Goldman Sachs shared at the time.
- On the campaign trail, after Liddy (who was working for a salary of $1) was excoriated for authorizing a $444,000 retreat for AIG staff, President Obama said that AIG executives should give the money back and its heads should be fired. Liddy was AIG head until late August 2009.
- The Obama administration hired several Goldman Sachs alums, such as GS lobbyist Mark Patterson, unusual for an administration more stacked with academics than businessmen. The ties are deep and murky, and include a revolving door of Goldman Sachs alums in such institutions as the NY Fed, where Geithner was the Chair.
- President Obama’s first budget director Peter Orszag, a career academic who became a protege of Goldman alum Robert Rubin, left the administration after a year and a half to draw a multi-million dollar check from Citigroup, where Rubin sat on the board.
- President Obama once said, “Contrary to the claims of some of my critics, I am an ardent believer in the free market.”
- As a candidate, Barack Obama famously remarked to “Joe the Plumber”, “I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.”
- He also said, “I, like most of the American people, don’t begrudge people success or wealth. That is part of the free-market system.” This was after Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein received a $9 million bonus and JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dillon received a $17 million payoff. Both firms received bailouts.
- Obama also said, ““My administration is the only thing between you [CEO's] and the pitchforks. “ He may have been right.
- After Timothy Geithner, who earlier oversaw the initial stages of the AIG “bailout” as Chair of the NY Fed, proposed a bank tax to recoup AIG bonuses, Obama said, “Like it or not, we have to have a financial system that is healthy and functioning.”
- One company heavy into carbon investments, and would make huge profits on a cap-and-trade regime was Goldman Sachs.
- Obama supported cap-and-trade, which would have caused a huge burden on those paying for public utilities.
- Obama once publicly said, “Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”
- Obama fails to build an international consensus to do something collaboratively on “climate change.”
- Despite a personal appeal, Obama does not deliver the Olympics to Chicago. Brazil wins the bid for 2016.
- As Obama once said, “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times… and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That’s not leadership. That’s not going to happen.”
- Obama dismissed Republican attacks on the massive size of the stimulus by saying, “What do you think a stimulus is? It’s spending – that’s the whole point! Seriously.”
- Obama once remarked about disgraced, defunded, and disbanded community organization ACORN as,“I’ve been fighting with ACORN, alongside ACORN, on issues you care about, my entire career.”
- Former SEIU chief Andy Stern’s association with the Alinskyite “radical pragmatist” community organizer Barack Obama run long and deep: Obama gushed about the SEIU, “We look after each other!” during his campaign, which was funded by the union to the tune of $60 million. Stern unashamedly spouts Marxist rhetoric and admires China.
- Post-election, Stern was the most frequent visitor to the White House.
- That title was taken over by Richard Trumka, head of the AFL-CIO. Trumka publicly expressed “solidarity” with Marxists and other socialists (and interestingly blasted Sarah Palin for being McCarthyist).
- Before Obama gave a Labor Day speech, Teamster’s president James Hoffa Jr. said, “President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong.” Obama later said nothing about the incendiary language.
- President Obama remarked before the 2010 Congressional elections, ”If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies, and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us’ – if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election – then I think it’s going to be harder. And that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd.”
- Obama once said of his white grandmother, “The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn’t. But she is a typical white person who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn’t know, there’s a reaction that’s been bred into our experiences that don’t go away, and that sometimes comes out in the wrong way, and that’s just the nature of race in our society.”
- Obama infamously said of Christian conservatives, “It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
- Newsweek columnist Jonathan Alter, in a book favorable to Obama, said the president referred to the tea party constituents in terms of the sexual epithet “teabaggers.”
- Obama then mocked the tea party publicly by demonstrably characterizing them as, “waiving their tea bags around.”
- After the Occupy Wall Street movement appeared, Obama expressed empathy with the protesters. The Occupy Wall Street movement compared itself to the Arab Spring.
- Obama then compared the Occupy Wall Street movement to the tea party. While the Occupy movement led to thousands of arrests, the tea party caused no known arrests.
- President Obama admitted to smoking marijuana. He said, “I did. It’s not something that I’m proud of. It was a mistake as a young man, but you know? I mean not going to — I never understood that line. The point was to inhale. That was the point.”
- Obama as cited in Dreams from My Father, “Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack [heroin] though.”
- While on the campaign trail, Obama said, “I’ve now been in 57 states—I think one left to go.” Obviously, there are only 50 states.
- On one occasion, Obama accentuated his 57 states gaffe, “I hope I said 100,000 people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It’s a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh.” At that point, his advisers led him away.
- There aren’t 57 U.S. states, but there are coincidentally 57 Muslim states. Obama once said of the religion, “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”
- After the Egyptian uprising, President Obama wielded diplomacy to force out that country’s strongman Hosni Mubarak.
- Egypt’s parliamentary elections brought to power the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party, and the hardline Islamist Al Nur party placed second.
- Women represent less than 2% of the parliamentary seats, not surprising in a country where women had been beaten in the streets by the police, and CBS’ news correspondent Lara Logan was brutally gang raped (though its network gave the event scant coverage). The Obama administration offered praise for the Egyptian elections.
- President Obama’s signature program, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), referred to colloquially as “Obamacare,” was signed into law in March 2010. According to CNN, public opposition at the time was 59%, or nearly six out of ten adults surveyed. All Republicans in the House and Senate opposed and voted against the passage of the bill.
- When Republicans were opposed to the bill and the possibility of a filibuster loomed (with the aid of any one Democrat or Independent Senator), President Obama supported the so-called nuclear option of “reconciliation,” a budget gimmick that would have seen the bill “passed” despite legitimate levels of opposition.
- Barack Obama on bipartisanship in The Audacity of Hope: “Genuine bipartisanship, though, assumes an honest process of give-and-take, and that the quality of the compromise is measured by how well it serves some agreed-upon goal, whether better schools or lower deficits. This in turn assumes that the majority will be constrained – by an exacting press corps and ultimately an informed electorate – to negotiate in good faith.” (131)
- The president once even tried to redefine “bipartisanship” as not measured by the amount of opposition party support or number of votes for a bill, but rather by the “ideas” contributed to a bill by the other party.
- Obama promised that passage of the PPACA would reduce overall healthcare expenditures. As reported by the AP, the plan will cost at least a trillion dollars over ten years.
- In order to make the plan “deficit neutral,” as meeting the PAYGO rule, the bill had to offset six years of “benefits” with ten years of taxes.
- Obama once vowed to those making less than $250,000 a year, “You will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime.”
- He also said, “I can make a firm pledge, under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
- Another quote: “I will cut taxes – cut taxes – for 95 percent of all working families, because, in an economy like this, the last thing we should do is raise taxes on the middle class.”
- In just one year under Obama, the Democrats passed nearly $700 billion in tax increases, including nearly $480 billion related to Obamacare.
- Obama, an admitted smoker who has failed to quit, passed a cigarette tax that would raise a projected $65 billion over ten years.
- As criticized by Jersey Shore quasi-star Snooki and Senator John McCain, Obama passed a 10% tax on UV tanning beds.
- The president passed a 40% excise tax on premium or “cadillac” health insurance plans.
- He also signed onto a 2.3% excise tax on certain medical devices, driving up their costs.
- When selling the Obamacare plan, the president assured seniors that their Medicare was safe. But Medicare’s chief actuary pointed out that parts A & B would be slashed by nearly one trillion dollars in the first ten years.
- The president also eliminated “deductions allocable to Medicare Part D,” costing those recipients $4.5 billion.
- Obama promised the passage of the PPACA would lower premiums. But even the CBO estimated that premiums would necessarily skyrocket. And they did.
- As relayed by the Heritage Foundation, “Another source of double-counted savings is the CLASS Act, which creates a new, federally run long-term care insurance program. Beneficiaries will begin paying premiums in 2011 but will not receive benefits for five years. This frontloads revenue and creates the illusion of $70 billion to pay for new spending under PPACA.”
- President Obama later dropped the long-term health insurance provision from the PPACA, once again targeting the elderly and the fragile with his cuts. More sensible would be phasing out such entitlements so people can plan ahead and provide for their own retirements.
- Obama and the Democrats even had the temerity to claim that Obamacare would reduce the deficit by $124 billion over ten years.
- It is a fact that President Obama has added more debt to the United States budget than all other presidents combined.
- According to a number of other news sources, the National Debt increased more than $5 trillion under Obama.
- Mr. Obama blamed the spending overrun on Bush’s unfunded wars and his tax cuts that were not “paid for.”
- Obama later signed on to extending the Bush tax cuts.
- In February 2009, Obama claimed he would cut the deficit in half.
- Under Obama, the Democrats never passed a budget, even though it is a core Congressional responsibility. Although Democrats blamed the Republicans for “obstructionism,” the Democrats had the majority in the House and the required super majority in the Senate to pass a budget over any opposition. A budget can even be passed using reconciliation, because of special rules. We are over 1,000 days without an official budget.
- Obama promised that under the PPACA, people would be able to retain their satisfactory plans. Yet even advocates of the proposal conceded that part-time workers could be forced off of insurance plans until 2014.
- As reported by the Daily Caller: “President Obama promised small businesses that they would receive tax credits to help alleviate the large premium costs in the bill. The Small Business Tax Credit is supposed to be the primary tool for doing this. But not only is the tax credit uselessly small — the (CBO) estimates that it will only affect 12 percent of people in the small-group market — but it ends in 2017.”
- Obama also claimed that health care premiums would decline by “3000%.” He then went on to say that people should then get a raise.
- President Obama denied the existence of any “death panel” in Obamacare, otherwise referred to as “end of life planning.”
- The Americans for Tax Reform mentions a key provision in Obamacare called the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB). Charged with controlling health care costs, IPAB consists of 15 full-time members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for six-year terms. Their goal is to reduce Medicare spending when the five-year outlook for the average growth rate in Medicare per beneficiary is projected to exceed target growth rates. IPAB is prohibited from “rationing” care, increasing taxes, changing Medicare benefits or eligibility, increasing beneficiary premiums and cost-sharing requirements, or reducing low-income subsidies under Medicare Part D. With certain other limitations on spending, the 15-bureaucrat board may pull upon a variety of Medicare cuts, such as physician reimbursement rates under Medicare Part B.
- IPAB has been described by Republicans as a “death panel,” and the drafter of a bill referring to it in such stark terms, Phil Roe, was even able to garner the co-sponsorship of retiring liberal Senator Barney Frank. As Roe explained, ““Basically, there’s a certain amount of money that’s allocated for Medicare spending each year. Once you hit that amount that’s been appropriated, this board, this bureaucratically appointed board, can then decide, not based on quality or need, but based on strictly cost.”
- Obamacare outlawed new construction of physician-owned hospitals, costing up to 25,000 new jobs.
- One bit of sleight hand the Democrats pulled was the so-called “doc fix,” which is the Sustainable Growth Formula used to link physician costs, Medicare enrollment, and GDP. The Obamacare plan led to major cuts across the board for Medicare payments, leading to more doctors refusing Medicare payments.
- Forty percent of doctors polled plan to leave their practices by the time Obamacare goes into effect in 2014.
- While selling Obamacare, the president said that the proposal would eliminate half a billion dollars in Medicare waste and fraud. Not only is this impossible, due to the way the figure was based on double-counting, but why would such waste and fraud be allowed to continue regardless of if Obamacare were passed?
- In a fleeting moment of honesty, Obama said, “The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies [sic] to our health care system.”
- While Obama consistently cited the escalating healthcare costs as a reason for the PPACA, some of the highest in the Western world, he failed to mention that nearly half of all healthcare spending in the United States comes through the government.
- President Obama has golfed at least 92 times as president, far more than any other president in U.S. history.
- On April 9th, 2009 the president said, “We will not rest until we reach a day when not a single veteran falls into homelessness.”
- On May 11th, 2009 the president said, “I will not rest until the dream of health care reform is finally achieved in the United States of America.”
- On November 2nd, 2009 the president said, “We will not rest until we are succeeding in generating the jobs that this economy needs.”
- On November 23rd, 2009 the president said, “I will not rest until business are investing again, and businesses are hiring again.”
- On January 28, 2010 the president said, “We will not rest until we build an economy that’s ready for America’s future.”
- On March 5th, 2010 the president said, “I’m not gonna rest and my administration is not gonna rest in our efforts to help people who are looking to find a job.”
- On May 26th, 2010 the president said, “We will not rest until this well is shut, the environment is repaired and the clean up is complete.”
- On July 8th, 2010 the president said, “My administration will not rest until every American who is able and ready and willing to work can find a job.”
- Obama signed a bill for almost a billion dollars for homeless veterans at the end of 2011. Despite billions spent on programs to end homelessness that kept the rate nearly even, the Huffington Post conceded that homeless rates are ready to rise.
- As of April 2010, 1.2 million households had lost their homes under Obama. In 2010, there were 2.87 million foreclosures, a record-setting year that was 2% above 2009′s. Widely reported foreclosure projections for 2012 cite a possibility of ten million more this year.
- More than a third of Americans have “dropped out” of the middle class, according to traditional standards.
- The unemployment rate for age 20-24 is officially 14.4%, far above the 8.5% figure used in government statistics.
- If one factors in the labor participation rate, the jobless rate is around 11.4%.
- In 2010, CNN reported that already 8 million jobs had been destroyed, perhaps “forever.” Compare with the 52 weeks of job growth under President Bush after his tax cuts went into effect.
- Despite programs meant to put blacks and other minorities into houses, the levels of black home ownership are in free fall, due partly to surging unemployment.
- Black unemployment is double the level for whites under Obama at nearly 16%.
- The U.S.’ Gross Domestic Product continues to be anemic. Eleven out of fourteen quarters under Obama have been below two percent growth.
- While president Obama had consistently insisted that stimulus payments would go to “shovel ready” projects, he later reversed himself and claimed there were no such thing as “shovel ready” projects.
- Obama even joked about the deception, stating with a grin that “shovel-ready was not as shovel ready as we expected.”
- While on the campaign trail, Obama claimed he could halt the rise of the oceans.
- In 2012, “promise kept”: global sea levels have shown a significant drop, putting the lie to the Al Gore-led claims that manmade global warming would lead to widespread coastal flooding.
- As based on Washington Post reporting, Obama’s claim at his Selma speech that Kennedy’s generosity led indirectly to his birth, would imply that he was born in 1961 and not in 1965.
- Obama says in a speech that his father served in World War II. Since his father was only 9, and not yet a Marxist (as reported by Politico), Obama must have meant his grandfather, who did serve.
- Barack Obama stated on more than one occasion that his grandfather helped liberate Jews at Auschwitz. The Russians liberated the Jews at Auschwitz.
- At a speech given in 2011, Obama said that Hawaii was a part of Asia.
- Obama once claimed the U.S. motto was E pluribus unum, or “out of many one.” The national motto as enacted by law in 1956 is actually “In God We Trust.”
- Obama leaves “by their Creator” out of his citation of the Declaration of Independence at a Hispanic Caucus speech.
- When confronted by a girl about Obama’s favorite player on his beloved Chicago White Sox team, the president cannot name a single player.
- Obama once denied that he would use signing statements while in office, like Bush did. Of course, this was a lie.
- As reported by the NY Times, President Obama broke his campaign pledge regularly that all bills would be posted online before they would be voted on.
- It is unclear how many times Obama said, “Let me be clear.” But it is clearly dozens.
- Obama confessed that change had turned out to be “a lot tougher than expected” at a speech in San Francisco.
- Obama admitted that it was “not as trendy” in late 2011 to be a supporter as it was in 2008.
- Obama also admitted that Americans were not better off than they were four years ago.
- As recently reported by the AP, “And rarely has Obama’s rhetoric as president reached as high as the lofty promises of his campaign, when he pledged to change the very way Washington does business and remake politics itself. It’s a far cry from those promises of change to the ambition of meeting monthly with Democratic and Republican congressional leaders — but even that relatively modest goal, from Obama’s 2010 State of the Union, went unfulfilled.”
- Even the politically suspect Politifact evaluates Obama’s campaign pledge rate at 24%. Thus, three out of every four pledges were either baseless, naive, or lies.
- Under Obama, Americans’ fear of big government approached an all-time high. According to Gallup, citizens’ feared big government at a clip of 64%, more than big business at 26%, and big labor at 8%.
- Recent polling shows that far more Americans believe their country is heading in the wrong direction under Obama than at any time under Bush. Currently, 23% say America is heading in the “right” direction, and 71.2% believe we are going the wrong way – a 49 point gap. The widest negative spread under Bush was 34 points in November 2007.
- Those who “strongly approve” of Obama performance as president has dropped from 45% to 22% since Rasmussen began polling him. The percentage of those who “strongly disapprove” has skyrocketed from 14% to between 40% and 45%.
- As part of the president’s modernization vision for America, he proposed a $53 billion program for a high-speed railroad.
- President Obama said in 2011, “We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.” Actually, it’s the Transcontinental Railroad.
- Obama is apparently unaware of Amtrak, which receives billions in government subsidies and is far short of passenger capacity.
- Plans to build a nationwide high-speed rail system are faltering. Claims that the program would create tens of thousands of jobs apparently neglect the “broken window fallacy” – overlooking the opportunity costs of doing so.
- While Obama was making a case for government-run healthcare, he said the following, “UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems.”
- Indeed, because of the post office’s insolvency, it has attempted to make $3 billion in cost reductions. This has meant slashes in services.
- An ostensible act of terrorism carried out during the Obama administration, the Fort Hood shooting, was labeled an act of “workplace violence” by the administration. Major Hassan had yelled “Allahu Akhbar!” (Glory to Allah!) and gunned down dozens, killing thirteen.
- The military had diagnosed Major Hassan with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, although he had never been in combat (more accurately, Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder?). There were several red flags about his computer networking to al Qaeda sites, and possible unwillingness to fight a war on behalf of the United States. Such points raised questions in the mainstream media whether “political correctness” was going too far.
- Obama admitted about the Christmas Day bomber, “We failed to connect the dots.”
- Under Obama, the Transportation Security Administration developed new aggressive techniques to screen for “terrorists,” including full body or “naked” scanners and intensive groping hand-search techniques. As Representative Broun pointed out on CSPAN, these techniques often target children and elderly, and avoid Arab men, so as not to impinge on political correctness.
- In 2009, Obama officially ended the “global war on terror,” instead calling our excursions “overseas contingency operations.”
- Obama: “I said very early on, as a Senator and continue to believe, as a presidential candidate and now as president, that we can absorb a terrorist attack.” The full context can be read here.
- In an interview on ABC, Obama said, “What I was suggesting — you’re absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith…” George Stephanopoulos jumped in to correct Obama by saying “your Christian faith,” which Obama quickly clarified.
- Obama once claimed that: “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam. It was Islam – at places like Al-Azhar – that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe ‘s Renaissance and Enlightenment.” So if the gates of ijtihad, or further enlightenment, had closed in Islam in the tenth century, how could such a religion lead to Enlightenment and Renaissance in Europe from the fourteenth to eighteenth centuries? Does Obama mean the rediscovering of Aristotelian texts preserved by Muslim scholars helped lead to the Renaissance and Enlightenment?
- Obama also said, “The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.”
- As the left-wing FactCheck.org cannot deny, Obama once said, “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed. That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn’t.”
- As the USA Today related, Obama once said, “Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality.” This is obviously at odds with reality. Not only is Islam itself bigoted against women and homosexuals, Muslims once sold millions of blacks (and whites) into slavery.
- Obama also said, “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation – at least, not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.” Essentially, the United States was never officially a Christian nation, but this is not the sense Obama was using the phrase. What Obama implies is that America is no longer a place where just Christians live. But the United States was never that, so one is left to wonder what he is implying.
- President Obama once oddly remarked, “On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes – and I see many of them in the audience here today – our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.”
- Obama said about having spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, “I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances.” Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize.
- Just one year into his administration, academics ranked Obama the fifteenth best president of all time. George W. Bush was thirty-ninth out of forty-three presidents.
- On 60 Minutes, Obama claimed that his accomplishments top all but three presidents: Lincoln, FDR, and Wilson.
- In August 2009, President Obama exhorts citizens to “snitch” on one another regarding any supposed lies or disinformation regarding Obamacare. His website, “FLAG,” actually led to blog-tracking for information related to the program.
- In 2011, Obama relaunches similar program, and becomes Internet laughing stock, with Attack Watch.
- Obama has sought authority for an Internet kill switch, an agenda that has been resurrected in 2012.
- The president once mistakenly referred to the web as “the Internets.”
- President Obama gave classroom addresses, not once, but twice. Some schools made his address mandatory viewing.
- Along with the first address, teachers around the country were sent a compendium to evaluate their reaction to the president’s message.
- President Obama indeed did use a teleprompter when addressing a sixth-grade classroom.
- Kids love Obama: So much so that adults and teachers helped them craft videos, music, and other forms of president-worship.
- Without my own teleprompter, it is hard for me to say how many times Obama has used his. Countless times. So many times even Politico noticed.
- Obama without a teleprompter: Gets lost, calls inhalator a “breathalyzer.”
- The president is notorious for his ahhs and umms. One forty-one minute speech given in Amman, Jordan was nearly seven and a half minutes of ahhs and umms.
- James Carville once took President Obama to task for scheduling an address during a GOP debate.
- At candidate Obama’s DNC speech, a massive Greek amphitheater was erected in an attempt to make his ego seem more proportionate.
- Politico’s Roger Simon called Barack Obama the greatest orator of modern times.
- Former Congressman Harold Ford called him the greatest orator to ever be president.
- Effusive praise for Obama was published in numerous major publications around the country under the pseudonym “Ellie Light.”
- Near the end of Obama’s campaign season, “journalists” Tom Brokaw and Charlie Rose admit they don’t know much about the man.
- Time magazine’s Mark Halperin slams mainstream media for its “extreme bias, extreme pro-Obama coverage” during 2008 campaign season.
- One Time magazine photographer worker for the publication and the administration at the same time.
- An online association of “bloggers, reporters and editors” and “a number of professional political operatives, including top White House economic advisors, key Obama political appointees, and Democratic campaign veterans” called Journolist worked together to shape news coverage and get Obama elected.
- The president once thanked powerful Hollywood producer Jeffrey Katzenberg for his work. “If it weren’t for you, we would not be in the White House,” Obama said.
- Barack Obama utilized the taxpayer-funded National Endowment of the Arts to propagandize for his health care plan.
- A former director at disgraced, defunded, and formally disbanded ACORN will head up Obama’s “Project Vote” campaign in 2012.
- Candidate Obama said on the campaign trail, “Our goal is to have a country that’s not divided by race.”
- Countless times, Democrats and left-leaning organizations like the NAACP, have denounced Obama’s opponents as “racist.” The president has never sought to correct his party’s obvious tactic to delegitimize valid objections to his policies.
- Unsurprisingly, polls suggest America is more racially divided under Obama than in previous years.
- President Obama famously said of the Cambridge police’s arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates, Jr. “the police acted stupidly.”
- A police tape released later shows that protocol was followed and Mr. Gates was being uncooperative.
- The president then tried to make it all better with a “beer summit.”
- The beers served at the beer summit, including Bud Light, were all brewed by foreign-owned manufacturers.
- Obama had earlier lost a bet on a Hockey game to the Canadian president Stephen Harper, obliging him to send a case of Molson Canadian over the border. Obama threw in a case of American-made Yuengling.
- The president allowed his wife Michelle to bully private company McDonald’s until it gave in and included apple slices in Happy Meals.
- The left-wing flipped when Obama nominated former vice president and chief lobbyist of ag company Monsanto Michael Taylor to act as his “Food Safety Czar.”
- At a $36,000 a plate fundraiser, Obama compares himself to Martin Luther King. (As mentioned earlier, he wrongly attributes quote to MLK.)
- The monument to Martin Luther King Jr. erected under Obama was slated to be corrected after the “drum major” quote was considered to be too arrogant-sounding.
- Barack Obama once said that the “Constitution is stained by the sin of slavery.”
- Here is what the “Constitutional scholar” Barack Obama (who never published a peer reviewed article on the subject) said in an interview before he became president: “The Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society. And to that extent, as radical as I think people tried to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, as least as it’s been interpreted, and [sic] Warren Court interpreted in the same way that, generally, the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties, says what the states can’t do to you, says what the federal government can’t do to you, but it doesn’t say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf. ”
- Here is what Obama’s nominee to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Goodwin Liu wrote in a 2006 Yale Law Review article: “On my account of the Constitution’s citizenship guarantee, federal responsibility logically extends to areas beyond education. Importantly, however, the duty of government cannot be reduced to simply providing the basic necessities of life….. Beyond a minimal safety net, the legislative agenda of equal citizenship should extend to systems of support and opportunity that, like education, provide a foundation for political and economic autonomy and participation. The main pillars of the agenda would include basic employment supports such as expanded health insurance, child care, transportation subsidies, job training, and a robust earned income tax credit.” Liu was eventually voted down in the Senate, but he was later appointed by Governor Jerry Brown to the California Supreme Court.
- During the State of the Union address in 2010, the President unprecedentedly condemned the Supreme Court’s decision upholding business owners’ right to free speech during political campaigns to the Justices’ faces. The president called on Congress to legislatively overturn the court decision. Justice Alito, for his part, mouthed the words “not true” during the shameless criticism.
- In 2009, Congressman Joe Wilson famously yelled “You lie!” to President Obama, who had just stated that criticism that the healthcare bill would fund medicine for illegal immigrants was false. It turns out that Joe Wilson was right. Medical organizations that receive funding from Obamacare will not check for immigration status.
- President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Justice Sonia Sotomayor was once caught on video saying the Court of Appeals is “where policy is made.”
- Justice Sotomayor also called herself a “wise Latina,” inspiring much spinning from Sotomayor and on the left that people didn’t understand what she meant. Here is the quote: “Justice O’Connor has often been cited as saying that a wise old man and wise old woman will reach the same conclusion in deciding cases. … I am also not so sure that I agree with the statement. … I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.”
- President Obama once said that one of the key attributes he would look for in a Supreme Court justice would be “empathy.” As ranking Republican on Senate Judiciary Committee Jeff Sessions commented: “Even today, President Obama advocates a judicial philosophy that calls on judges to base their decisions on empathy and their ‘broader vision of what America should be’… he suggests that his nominee shares that view. Our legal system does not allow such an approach.”
- Another Supreme Court Justice nominated by Barack Obama, Elena Kagan, criticized the Constitution as “defective.”
- She cited Justice Thurgood Marshall and was specifically talking about the Constitution’s three-fifths electoral apportionment clause, which was born of compromise between the northern states and southern states, and eventually led to the political weakening of the southern states and the Civil War. The Civil War that rendered it “moot,” was a movement in the direction of fulfilling the Founder’s vision of equality before the law, as established in the Fourteenth Amendment, itself a law misapplied widely today.
- Kagan also quoted Thurgood Marshall by saying the Supreme Court’s mission was to “show a special solicitude for the despised and the disadvantaged.”
- Elena Kagan also supported a lawsuit against the government’s efforts to deny federal funding to law schools that banned military recruiters from their campus in protest of the military’s “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy on gays.
- President Obama also appointed homosexual activist Kevin Jennings as his “Safe Schools Czar.” Jennings had been caught on tape discussing lewd sexual acts, and promoting books that indisputably endorsed underage sex, homosexual experimentation, and worse. Jennings was not pushed out of office until the middle of 2011.
- President Obama was reluctant to come out on the record on behalf of “gay rights,” such as “gay marriage.” He laughably said that his views were “evolving.”
- The president eventually ended the military policy of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” making it okay for servicemen to be openly gay in the military.
- President Obama’s popularity within the military has collapsed, according to Gallup.
- The administration announced it would back gay rights abroad, including the possibility of using foreign aid.
- In 2012, President Obama signed legislation for military sexual assault law reforms. Apparently, these reforms didn’t include separating sexes in certain situations, as the left must not consider sex-starved, stressed men going without intercourse for months mixed with young women as a potential problem.
- Women in the military are also much more likely to be critical of war policy than their male counterparts.
- President Obama was once caught looking at a sixteen-year old’s backside while visiting with French President Nikolas Sarkozy.
- Obama once said to a female reporter for ABC’s Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers,”Hold on one second, sweetie, we’re going to do – we’ll do a press avail.”
- Oddly missing in Obama’s biography is the lack of any publicly known girlfriends.
- The mainstream media in direct and indirect ways touted Obama’s sex appeal during his campaign. This is what one prominent piece said: “He’s not just a terrific orator, he has sex appeal too. Alongside him Gordon looked like your old maths teacher, desperately hoping that a bit of the stardust might blow his way. [...] Barack doesn’t just speak, he jives. Tall, relaxed, supremely self-assured, he strides to the microphone, arms held loosely, head to one side, the top act about to kick off the show.”
- People may recall the leftwing media going ga-ga over the president’s shirtless pics taken from Hawaii.
- In 2012, a shirtless Barack Obama eats sand during a football game on the Hawaiian beach.
- As president, Obama has made it a public point to make his NCAA “March Madness” picks. ESPN ran a special segment on it and the NY Times even called his bracket “one of the best.”
- Legendary Duke coach Mike Kryzyzewski had the following comment: “Somebody said that we’re not in President Obama’s Final Four, and as much as I respect what he’s doing, really, the economy is something that he should focus on, probably more than the brackets.”
- Obama has played basketball while in office numerous occasions. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But he has also brought in a number of NBA stars to play with him.
- Donald Trump said Obama should stop playing basketball and lower gas prices. Not that the two things are mutually exclusive, but rather that the man should take the economic issues more seriously.
- Obama tapped Ronald Reagan to defend his support for the so-called “Buffet Rule,” so-named for Warren Buffet’s comments about rich paying a lower tax rate in some cases than those in middle class or working poor.
- Obama said: “Now, some Republicans in Congress, they’re already dusting off the old — their old records. ‘That’s class warfare.’ Let me tell you something, 26 years ago — some of you may have seen this on television, clips have been circulating – 26 years ago, another President said that some of these tax loopholes, and I quote, ‘made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing while a bus driver was paying 10 percent of his salary, and that’s crazy. It’s time we stopped it.’ That was 26 years ago. You know the name of that President? Ronald Reagan.’ “
- The AP specifically debunked this meme. Quote: “On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.”
- The United States has the highest corporate taxes in the Western world. Even Democratic Ways and Means committee Chairman Charlie Wrangel proposed cutting the tax rate from 35% to 30.5%.
- And Obama said at the same speech: “So was that class warfare? By the way, taxes are much lower now than they ever were when Ronald Reagan was President. I know a lot of folks have short memories, but I don’t remember Republicans accusing Ronald Reagan of being a socialist – (laughter) – or engaging in class warfare, because he thought that everybody should do their fair share.”
- At the same speech, Obama also said, “”Now, this notion that folks are inherently selfish, that’s just not true. But you’ve got to ask them, right? People don’t voluntarily pay taxes.” Actually, you just disproved your own meme. People don’t voluntarily pay taxes. That shows that they are fundamentally selfish.
- President Obama also compared himself to FDR. He said, “I would put these first four months up against any prior administration since FDR,” Obama said. “We didn’t ask for the challenges that we face, but we don’t shrink from them either.”
- While giving his speech that has been called a successor to Theodore Roosevelt’s “New Nationalism,” Obama invoked Teddy to call for more regulation over the economy.
- The president also invoked JFK as a justification to move the country in a “fundamentally different direction.” Not sure what kind of “fundamentally different direction” under JFK the president was referring to. Aggressively defending the U.S. against Soviet communism? Slashing tax rates?
- Of course, then Senator Obama compared himself to Abraham Lincoln, penning a piece in Time magazine called “What I see in Lincoln’s eyes.”
- Obama once quoted Lincoln’s “Labor is the superior of Capital” line.
- President Obama criticized George W. Bush because he “did not necessarily believe in government as an agent of change.”The president added, “I want to make government cool again.”
- Obama has constantly used class warfare. One example is his framing of “kids vs. corporate jets.” It apparently didn’t strike him that kids may grow up to fly, build, or work on corporate jets.
- The first time the CEOs of GM and Chrysler went to Congress looking for a bailout, they were turned away because they flew in on corporate jets.
- In a prime-time speech, President Obama mentioned “corporate jets” no less than five times, and denounced a tax credit for ‘accelerated depreciation’ that could include corporate jets. Even friend of the administration Warren Buffett took offense.
- President Obama’s Kansas speech became notorious for its over-the-top class warfare rhetoric.
- Obama once said about a Kansas tornado, “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died – an entire town destroyed.” The tornado killed 12 people.
- Obama said that the economic collapse of 2008 “combined the breathtaking greed of a few with irresponsibility all across the system. And it plunged our economy and the world into a crisis from which we’re still fighting to recover.” His solution? More government power, discretion, and action.
- The Obamas gave 1% to charity of $1.2 million earnings between 2000-2004, and then 5% of $2.6 million in 2005 and 2006. Mitt Romney, by comparison, gave 15% average of his multi-million dollar income in 2010 and 2011.
- Former Clinton adviser Mark Penn chided Obama for his class warfare rhetoric, and goaded him to abandon it before his 2012 campaign run.
- Obama once said, “”We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money.”
- President Obama once fired Inspector General Walpin without notice, allegedly for looking into corrupt ties from Americorps to the Obama administration.
- Obama once pronounced “corps” as “corpse.” This is what he said: “One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world – Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard.”
- The one area of the economy that Obama has stimulated while in office: ammunition sales.
- This is what Obama said while on the campaign trail: “We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” Hard to take that quote out of context.
- When giving his a speech in Germany, Obama referred to himself as a “citizen of the world.”
- As Obama once put it, “In America, there’s a failure to appreciate Europe’s leading role in the world.”
- The president also said, “As a nuclear power – as the only nuclear power to have used a nuclear weapon – the United States has a moral responsibility to act. ” This was at Obama’s Prague speech on nuclear weapons.
- In 2010, the Obama administration announced its support for a small arms treaty.
- It was the same small arms treaty Hillary Clinton had supported in Mexico, just before a then little-known program called Project Gunrunner was announced by Janet Napolitano and members of the State Department and the Justice Department. Project Gunrunner was the parent program of Operation Fast and Furious. The operation infamously allowed straw purchasers to attain guns at gun shows without proper documentation and allowed them to “walk” back to Mexico.
- Nearly 60% of the guns were “lost.” Dozens turned up in crime scenes in Mexico and some even in the United States. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was infamously killed by a gun that was a part of Operation Fast and Furious.
- Attorney General Eric Holder was subpoenaed by Darrell Issa to testify about his knowledge of the program. Whether Holder is incompetent or a liar, President Obama has refused to hold Holder accountable.
- Earlier in Obama’s administration, the attorney general refused to prosecute two members of the Black Panther party for an obvious case of voter intimidation. One of them was a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. The case was widely considered to be a “slam dunk.”
- Eric Holder has been waging an aggressive campaign against state Voter ID laws, labeling their enforcement as tantamount to racism.
- As investigative guerrilla journalist James O’Keefe illustrated, many states’ lax voter ID laws allow even corpses to vote.
- President Obama’s second Chief of Staff William Daley, brother to Chicago mayor Richard Daley, resigned after just a year. Daley had described the first three years of Obama’s presidency as “brutal” and “ungodly.”
- Since President Obama came to office the long-term unemployment rate has tripled from 9.5% to 29.5%.
- Half of new college graduates will not be able to find meaningful long-term work under the president at the current rate.
- Although the unemployment rate has dropped to 8.1%, that is because so many able-bodied adults have given up looking for work. The labor force participation rate dropped to the lowest since 1981.
- The U3 unemployment rate, which accounts for population growth, is actually at 11.3%.
- When thirty-year old Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke claimed that students on her Catholic college campus were unable to afford birth control, President Obama found it important to call her as an act of support. It turns out she was a Democrat activist.
- The Obama campaign launched a fabricated “War on Women,” which alleged that Republicans are anti-women. After DNC operative Hilary Rosen went on CNN and said stay-at-home mom Ann Romney “never worked a day in her life,” Mitt Romney reversed his sizable deficit among women to a statistically significant lead.
- After the mainstream media attacked Mitt Romney for taking his dog Seamus on vacation in a carrier strapped to the roof of his car, it turned out that Barack Obama once confessed to actually eating a dog. The distraction campaign was effectively neutralized.
- At a meeting in South Korea, Barack Obama tells then Russian President Dmitri Medvedev that he would have more “flexibility” after his last election to negotiate more favorably on the Russians’ behalf on such matters as ABM defense in Europe.
- President Obama called to congratulate incoming authoritarian Russian president Vladimir Putin, while Russia was the scene 0f many civil uprisings with hundreds of thousands protesting the presence of widespread and serious election fraud.
- In May 2012, U.S. and Russian troops run joint exercises together. In Colorado.
- The Obama administration in May 2012 made the unprecedented move of allowing the Chinese to avoid the bond market and gain fast track access to the Department of Treasury to buy debt bonds.
- In another failed public relations ploy, the Obama campaign launched a website for an imaginary girl named “Julia,” who goes through life only by the grace of Obama’s welfare programs, and who would languish under a Mitt Romney regime. The PR stunt was widely condemned as insulting to women.
- Although saying while a president candidate that marriage is between a man and a woman, Obama claimed to have “evolved” to advocate same-sex marriage legalized by the states.
- The gay marriage reversal announcement came after campaign funds were being withheld by bundlers, who have been cited as nearly one in six gay.
- Obama was subsequently called by Andrew Sullivan as “the first gay president.”
- As an Atlantic article pointed out, Obama has also been called the “first female president.”
- And the first Jewish president.
- And the first Asian-American president.
- After the tragic shooting of young black teenager Trayvon Martin, who was killed by local community watchman George Zimmerman, the president added fuel to the fire by making the racially charged comment, “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon.” It turns out that there is strong evidence that Martin assaulted Zimmerman before being shot.
- When presented with the Keystone pipeline proposal, a multi-billion dollar project that would create thousands of jobs and eventually lead to lower energy prices by improving supply chain efficiencies, Obama refused to immediately approve it.
- Future projections show a decline in U.S. production and an increase in imports. On March 8, 2011 the EIA published new projections that show a decline in total U.S. crude oil production of 110,000 barrels per day in 2011 and 130,000 barrels per day in 2012.
- In 2011, the Obama administration claimed that domestic oil production had increased 10% under Obama. Environmentalists claimed that this proves that “Drill, baby, drill” doesn’t work (as if “supply and demand” is a theory up for debate). But according to 2007 projections, the production of oil under Obama was 16% less than forecast. Oil production under Obama can be shown to be less than what it would be under alternative regimes.
- The slight increase in onshore production from federal lands is due to lease sales approved by previous Administrations—not the Obama Administration. Since taking office, the Obama Administration has slowed onshore energy development on public lands and issued fewer leases. The total onshore acreage leased under the Obama Administration are the lowest in over two decades, stretching back to at least 1984.
- Gas prices have gone up 103.79% under Obama.
- Among young adults 18-24, only 54.3% have a job.
- From 2010 to 2011: “Public four-year universities charged residents an average of $8,244, up 8.3% from last year, while public two-year schools charged an average of $2,963, up 8.7%.”
- The consolidation of student loans under Obama’s plan would provide monthly savings of less than $10 for the average student. “Using these values as the high and low bounds of average student debt over the last ten years, the monthly savings for the average student loan borrower would be between $4.50 and $7.75 per month. Clearly, this isn’t going to save the economy. While borrowers with bigger balances would save more, this is the average.”
- According to the BLS: “The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks and over) was little changed at 5.1 million in April. These individuals made up 41.3 percent of the unemployed.”
- Also reported by the BLS, the unemployment rate for women was actually lower than men at 7.4% to 7.5%, respectively. This defies the “war on women” narrative.
- The unemployment rate for Hispanics was flat at 10.3 percent in April 2012.
- The unemployment rate for blacks was at 13.0 percent in that same month.
- The civilian labor force participation rate declined in April to 63.6 percent. The rate has precipitously and steadily dropped since Obama took office with little abatement.
- According to a study cited by the USA Today, 70 of a 100 of the most populous metropolitan areas saw significant declines in traffic due to “rising fuel prices; lackluster gains in employment and modest increases in highway capacity because of construction projects completed under the federal stimulus program.”
- As pointed out by Human Events, Obama projected robust economic growth of 5.23 percent in 2011; although actual growth was a dismal 1.61 percent.
- According to the same article, Obama “trumpeted a report by the then-chairman of his Counsel of Economic Advisors projecting that the unemployment rate would be down to 6 percent by now; it’s actually 8.1 percent, even higher than the 7.8 percent during the recession, when Obama was sworn in.”
- Furthermore, “Obama promised to cut the deficit in half in four years; instead, this year’s deficit ($1.3 trillion) will be five times the CBO’s projection ($264 billion, including the Bush bail-outs).”
- The same article points out that ten percent of Americans are involuntarily out-of-work, as 6.3 million not counted in the labor force “currently want a job.”
- Additionally, real earnings have fallen by $10 a week under Obama, after adjusting for inflation.
- Also, the average household’s yearly income has dropped by $4,300 during his administration.
- More than 14 million Americans are on food stamps than when Obama took office. (Admittedly, some on the left would tout this as a huge success.) That is a 41% increase.
- As an extension of the Obamacare law that is being decided on by the Supreme Court, the administration sought to make a rule “to requires employers — even those affiliated with religions — to provide health insurance covering contraceptives under the new health care law.” The University of Notre Dame recently sued the Obama administration over being mandated to promote activities that violate Catholic teachings.
- The president also mandated that all insurance companies provide contraception “free of charge.” This clearly violates Fifth Amendment-protected property rights (viz., “nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”)
- Although the president joked about legalizing weed on the Jimmie Fallon show, Penn Jillette pointed out that one in six inmates in prison are there for marijuana-related crimes, and that if Obama had been prosecuted and incarcerated for such crimes, he would not be President of the United States (let alone have attended a premiere college).
- Obama once claimed to have read a story in Life magazine about young black men who bleached their skin white. So Obama “discovered” his otherness through a magazine article? In any event, archivists at the publication deny such a story exists. When asked about the discrepancy, Obama said in an interview, “It might have been an Ebony or it might have been … who knows what it was?” But archivists at Ebony searched their past articles, and none of them matched what Obama recalled.
- President Obama appeared on The View and rattled off all manner of contemporary celebrity trivia. For example, he knew which Kardashian was only married 72 days, and could name an amazing three superheroes from The Avengers. He also mentioned that he watches “Mad Men” and “Homeland” on long flights, when there is time to study briefing books with ‘hours left over.’
- In the backdrop of Memorial Day weekend coverage on MSNBC, where panelists debate calling our nation’s fallen soldiers a “more neutral” term than “heroes,” Obama calls Bob Dylan and other cultural icons “heroes” at an award ceremony.
- At the same awards ceremony, bestowing the Presidential Medal of Freedom, Obama confuses the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) for the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People).
- He then granted a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dolores Huerta, Honorary Chair of the Democratic Socialists of America. The DSA refers to itself as “the largest socialist organization in the United States, and the principal U.S. affiliate of the Socialist International.”
- While giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, an anti-Nazi resistance hero, he offensively calls Nazi concentration camps “Polish death camps,” causing a media uproar in Poland.
- After Obama caved to Moscow on hosting an ABM-defense site in Poland, famous Solidarity leader and former Polish President Lech Walesa refused to meet with President Obama.
- After initially snubbing the Dalai Lama, despite the latter being a class warfare-monger who stands on behalf of “social justice,” the president finally meets the spiritual leader, before leading him out the White House back door near the trash.
- Before the meeting, the president was warned by America’s big government financier China of the political fallout of meeting with the Dalai Lama.
- Obama once mistook an Oval Office window for a door. (Maybe he was born Caesarian?)
- In the middle of a meeting with Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu in 2010, in which Obama was unable to exact written “concessions” from Netanyahu on Israeli settlements, the American president walked out of the meeting, leaving the president of one of our strongest allies ‘humiliated.’
- As Obama once put it, “Israel is a strong friend of Israel’s.”
- According to a Smith Research poll sponsored by the Jerusalem Post, only 24% of Israelis surveyed view President Obama as pro-Israel in the Israeli-Palestinian feud.
- When a November 2009 poll was taken showing only “six to eight percent” of the Israeli public supported Barack Obama, the American Jewish Congress national director Henry Siegman essentially brands the Israeli people defective and their opposition to Obama’s ‘peace-making’ efforts “pathological.”
- Obama has long-standing ties to Arab American Action Network (AAAN) vice president Ali Abuminah of Electronic Intifada. As David Horowitz’ DiscovertheNetworkspoints out, the website called Israel’s creation a “catastrophe.”
- Abuminah had the following to say of his relationship to Barack Obama, “I knew Barack Obama for many years as my state senator — when he used to attend events in the Palestinian community in Chicago all the time. I remember personally introducing him onstage in 1999, when we had a major community fundraiser for the community center in Deheisha refugee camp in the occupied West Bank. And that’s just one example of how Barack Obama used to be very comfortable speaking up for and being associated with Palestinian rights and opposing the Israeli occupation.”
- Abuminah said on another occasion of his relationship with Obama, “The last time I spoke to Obama was in the winter of 2004 at a gathering in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood. He was in the midst of a primary campaign to secure the Democratic nomination for the United States Senate seat he now occupies. But at that time polls showed him trailing. As he came in from the cold and took off his coat, I went up to greet him. He responded warmly, and volunteered, ‘Hey, I’m sorry I haven’t said more about Palestine right now, but we are in a tough primary race. I’m hoping when things calm down I can be more up front.’ He referred to my activism, including columns I was contributing to the The Chicago Tribune critical of Israeli and U.S. policy, ‘Keep up the good work!’”
- While at the University of Chicago, the adjunct lecturer and future president Obama became close to PLO-connected professor Rashid Khalidi. The Obamas reportedly were frequent dinner guests of the Khalidis.
- At an AAAN-sponsored event in honor of Rashid Khalidi, President Obama is said to have toasted Khalidi, who was being heralded as the heir to anti-Israeli scholar Edward Said. Other guests speaking that night included American-terrorist-turned-”respected”-professor William Ayers.
- The vice president of the AAAN Ali Abuminah revealed he had a photo of himself having dinner at an earlier 1998 event with the Obamas and Edward Said.
- The LA Times, which has a tape in its possession documenting the event, refuses to release the tape to become part of the public record.
- In April 2009, President Obama appointed Los Angeles deputy mayor Arif Alikhan as assistant secretary for policy development at the Department of Homeland Security. According toDiscovertheNetworks, Alikhan, who once called the jihadist terror group Hezbollah a “liberation movement,” had participated in a fundraiser for the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC), which is linked to the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Obama also appointed Dalia Mogahed — a pro-Sharia Muslim — as his chief adviser on Islamic affairs.
- The flotilla organized in 2010 by the Free Gaza Movement (FGM) intended to block an Israeli naval blockade erected to intercept weapons smuggling was backed by Obama’s associates William Ayers, Bernadette Dohrn, and Code Pink leader Jodie Evans. The flotilla was forcibly dismantled by Israeli defense forces, which received live fire from the activists.
- After the debacle, President Obama offered an additional $400 million in “aid” to the Palestinians, in addition to the $600 million yearly we had doled out to the Palestinian authority up to that time.
- Obama bypasses Congress and gives $1.5 billion to the Muslim Brotherhood. Congress had halted military aid to Egypt until the country could be vouchsafed as respecting basic human rights.
- As Obama had said earlier in regards to the economy, “Well, what we’re going to have to do is continue to make progress on the economy over the next several months. And where Congress is not willing to act, we’re going to go ahead and do it ourselves.”
- As Democratic Senator Pat Leahy commented, “I believe [sending the aid] would be a mistake. The new [restrictions were] intended to put the United States squarely on the side of the Egyptian people who seek a civilian government that respects fundamental freedoms and the rule of law, and to clearly define the terms of our future relations with the Egyptian military.”
- Thanks in part to President Obama’s assistance in removing former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, a 9/11 “truther” now leads Egypt’s presidential election race.
- Obama the “Peace Prize President” sent U.S. ground forces to Yemen, although he suspended their mission during a period of domestic turmoil in the country. After the autocratic leader Ali Abdullah Saleh was replaced in democratic elections, the mission was reinstated.
- President Obama issued a video address on behalf of well-known abortion mill Planned Parenthood, in which he stated that Mitt Romney would ‘get rid’ of federal funding for the group. Speciously framing the matter as a “women’s health” issue, Obama had the following to say: “(W)hen some professional politicians casually say that they’ll ‘get rid of Planned Parenthood,’ don’t forget what they’re really talking about: eliminating the funding for preventive care that millions of women rely on and leaving them to fend for themselves.”
- According to an undercover operation targeting Planned Parenthood vehemently described by the left as being “discredited,” but nonetheless reported by local newscasts, donations to the organization could be earmarked as racially specific.
- A subsequent operation focused on Planned Parenthood shows that donations could be made to the organization based on specific gender.
- Planned Parenthood later apologized, in the process of which, they admit that there are “human rights” issues involved with carrying out abortions. Ironically, the group condemned gender bias and racial discrimination against inanimate (the opposite of living) ‘blobs of cells.’
- Planned Parenthood, a non-profit organization that received $487.4 million in 2011, recently ran a political attack ad against Obama’s opponent Mitt Romney.
- The president launched an all-out offensive against Mitt Romney’s record at Bain Capital, in keeping with his track record of class warfare pandering.
- Meanwhile, Obama’s target audience for such attacks, his darling Occupy Movement, has racked up nearly $30 million in damage to “the public.”
- As The Hillmentioned, President Obama received the most of any candidate in campaign donations from hedge funds and private equity firms in 2008.
- The propaganda blitz encountered resistance, however, not only from Republicans, but from Democrats like Harold Ford Jr. and Cory Booker.
- After Cory Booker received scathing “feedback” regarding his derisive comments on Obama’s attacks on private equity, he quickly backed off his criticism. (Back to the Democrat plantation for you, Mayor Booker.)
- The President lambasted Romney for helping to force the Bain-owned company Ampad to make severe layoffs before going out of business, while Romney was no longer with Bain capital.
- Someone who was an executive at Bain capital at the time of the Ampad layoffs: top Obama bundler Jonathan Lavine, also a co-owner of the Boston Celtics.
- Although President Obama has focused on Romney’s track record of investing private equity while at Bain, writer Marc Thiessen has drawn attention to Obama’s miserable track record “investing” “public equity.”
- Thiessen cites the case of Raser Technologies. As he put it, “In 2010, the Obama administration gave Raser a $33 million taxpayer-funded grant to build a power plant in Beaver Creek, Utah. According to the Wall Street Journal, after burning through our tax dollars, the company filed for bankruptcy protection in 2012. The plant now has fewer than 10 employees, and Raser owes $1.5 million in back taxes.”
- Just as shocking is the example of ECOtality (nice name), as Thiessen relates: “The Obama administration gave ECOtality $126.2 million in taxpayer money in 2009… (and) even hosted the company’s president, Don Karner, in the first lady’s box during the 2010 State of the Union address as an example of a stimulus success story. According to ECOtality’s own SEC filings, the company has since incurred more than $45 million in losses and has told the federal government, “We may not achieve or sustain profitability on a quarterly or annual basis in the future.”
- Nevada Geothermal Power (NGP) received $98.5 million in loan guarantees and is on the verge of bankruptcy.
- First Solar received $3 billion in loan guarantees and is suffering significant financial distress, leading the firm to propose firing 30% of its workforce.
- Abound Solar received $400 million in loan guarantees and has stopped production.
- Beacon Power received $43 million in loan guarantees and filed for bankruptcy.
- Sun Power got $1.2 billion in such “taxpayer guarantees” and now owes more than its worth.
- BrightSource was given $1.6 billion in guarantees and has lost $177 million. So far.
- Hoover Institution scholar Peter Schweizer reported in his book, Throw Them All Out, that an astounding 71 percent of the Obama Energy Department’s grants and loans went to “individuals who were bundlers, members of Obama’s National Finance Committee, or large donors to the Democratic Party.”
- Thiessen notes in the above-cited article that, “Collectively, these Obama cronies raised $457,834 for his campaign, and they were in turn approved for grants or loans of nearly $11.35 billion.”
- Recently, Obama blasted the Republicans for running up “wild debts.” Surreally, this is what he said: “I don’t know how they’ve been bamboozling folks into thinking that they are the responsible, fiscally-disciplined party. They run up these wild debts and then when we take over we have to clean it up. And then they point and say, ‘Look how irresponsible they are.’ Look at facts, look at the numbers. And now I want to finish the job…”
- As the USA Todayshowed, the actual federal deficit under Obama in just 2011 was $5 trillion, if one disregards the budgeting gimmick of discounting government pension programs, like Social Security, Medicare and other retirement programs, which ran red ink of around $3.7 trillion.
- According to this analysis, the government’s spending tallied around $42,054 by household. The median household income is $49,445.
- As the nation’s top-selling newspaper noted, “The typical American household would have paid nearly all of its income in taxes last year to balance the budget if the government used standard accounting rules to compute the deficit.”
- As the New York Timesreported, President Obama has a “kill list” that he personally oversees.
- According to a Foreign Policytally, the current president ordered a total of 239 drone strikes as of March 1, 2012. At that point in time, it was more than four times the 44 strikes George W. Bush authorized in his two terms.
- As an affiliate of the Guardianpointed out, 535 of the 828 civilians killed by U.S. drone strikes since 2004 happened under Obama.
- By way of an FOIA disclosure, the TSA has been issuing permits to law enforcement agencies across the country to employ drones that spy on Americans.
- As the mendacious “Politifact” concedes, the Patriot Act that Obama renewed contained no provision for additional oversight over warrantless wiretapping.
- In fact, the same entry admits that the Patriot Act versions passed under Obama contain literally no reforms to speak of whatsoever.
- The TSA has also been embroiled in a number of scandals; including the use of naked body scanners and intrusive pat downs that have caused frequent complaints of sexual harassment by everyone from little old ladies to small children. Thievery, incompetence, and insulting, intrusive behavior reigns in Obama’s TSA.
- Some nations where Obama has deployed drone strikes are not even officially at war with the United States, such as Pakistan and Yemen.
- The president recently snubbed Pakistani president Asif Ali Zardari over a host of issues, including a U.S. air strike that killed two dozen Pakistani soldiers.
- The Obama administration negotiated with the bloodthirsty Taliban in a move that would transfer five “Gitmo” detainees to a Qatari prison. Senator McCain disclosed that the deal would involve nothing gained more than a statement issued by the Taliban.
- The president has negotiated exactly zero free trade agreements while in office.
- President Obama once listed the issuance of Purple Hearts for military members shot by the Muslim terrorist Major Hassan at Fort Hood as an objection to a bill that could warrant a veto.
- As of June 2011, the current president was the most “veto-shy” of any president since James Garfield, who was in office more than 130 years ago.
- The president averages one veto for every 435 days. The presidential average is about once every 20 days.
- An online list bragging about Obama’s “accomplishments” cites that he was “successful” passing 96.7% of all bills his first year in office. Essentially, one of his accomplishments is having a rubber-stamp Congress that passed a slew of new laws and regulations.
- In the first three years of the Obama administration, the government imposed nearly four times the major regulations (those imposing a burden of $100 million or more to implement) on the American public than the first three years of the Bush administration.
- Those regulations have been estimated to impose a regulatory burden of nearly six times the equivalent period of the Bush administration.
- In January 2011, President Obama issued a “get-tough” executive order on overregulation.
- As a Heritage Foundation analysis shows, the administration passed 32 major regulations since that time, imposing a one-time fee of $6.6 billion on taxpayers, and an additional $10 billion annually.
- The best the list lauding Obama’s “fiscal responsibility” accomplishments could come up with was the formation of more government commissions and the appointment of more bureaucrats to office. (Needless to say, these actions cannot be shown to have had any real effect in practice.)
- The list did cite the slashing of defense by $43 billion, leaving $662 billion to fund the same military whose responsibilities Obama has expanded.
- The president also planned to cut our troop levels by a half-million.
- The Chinese army is the world’s largest at approximately 2.8 million strong. As of January 2012, the total manpower of the U.S. armed forces was 1.45 million. This would thus be a cut of nearly 33%.
- By 2020, the interest payments on the national debt will be larger than the U.S. military budget.
- These interest payments are slated to comprise about one-fifth of the federal budget.
- As author Mark Steyn points out, the interest on the national debt will directly finance the entire Chinese army by 2015.
- Admiral Mike Mullen said in September 2011 that debt is the biggest threat to national security.
- The new force posture would emphasize drones and cyber warfare over manpower.
- Although one needs to know the background and context of the infamous DHS “right-wing extremist” memo to appreciate its significance, it nonetheless slurs conservatives, patriots, and veterans as potential terrorists without any serious attempt at specificity or context in the broader “war on terror.”
- By the time of the Occupy protests on May Day 2012, the fizzling “movement” had led to over 5,000 arrests and had caused nearly $30 million in damages. The numerous, widespread, and robust tea party rallies themselves have been cited as responsible for exactly zero arrests.
- While millions of Americans organized “Patriot Day” to memorialize the dead of the September 11th attacks, the Obama campaign arm Organizing for America remarked the following in an email dispatch: “All 50 States are coordinating in this – as we fight back against our own Right-Wing Domestic Terrorists who are subverting the American Democratic Process, whipped to a frenzy by their Fox Propaganda Network ceaselessly re-seizing power for their treacherous leaders.”
- President Obama’s selected vice president Joe Biden once alluded to tea party Republicans as being like terrorists. “They have acted like terrorists,” he said.
- Obama once claimed that the Republican Party was “holding the recovery hostage.” As pointed out above, the president passed nearly all of the initiatives he desired in his first two years in office.
- The 2010 mid-term elections, in some ways a referendum on the president’s policies, were abysmal for the Democrat Party at every level. The Republicans picked up a whopping 63 seats in the House, 5 in the Senate, and 6 governorships.
- The losses were the most for either major party since 1938.
- Although the world’s pre-eminent superpower spends the most on defense overall in total capital, it ranks tenth in the world in this category as a percentage of GDP at 4.7%.
- The U.S.’ projected defense spending as a percentage of GDP is slated to be 3.0% in 2019. The historic average in this country is 5.3%.
- The U.S. is already estimated to spend 23.4% of GDP on net social expenditures.
- This ranks it in this category at #11 in the world, just behind the Netherlands. The highest in the world is Sweden at 30.6% of GDP.
- As a percentage of the federal budget, healthcare costs alone are projected to be up in FY2012 to 24%, surpassing defense spending at 23%.
- An insurance executive testified to Congress that Obamacare mandates have bent the cost curve up and not down, increasing costs for clients by between 2% and 3% on average.
- The federal budget projection for FY 2013 shows the percentages combined of healthcare, pensions, and welfare to be 58% of the slated $3.7 trillion in spending. (See the USA Todayarticle showing real government spending dwarfs official figures.)
- Real median household income is down $4,300 since President Obama took office.
- $2,900 of this decline occurred during the so called “recovery” since January 2009.
- Although Obama blamed the middle class decline of the last decade on his predecessor, real media household income went down only $2,000 under President Bush.
- According to Bloomberg, 95% of net jobs lost during the recession were middle-skilled jobs.
- In addition, 3.2 million fewer Americans hold office and sales jobs now than 5 years ago.
- There are 1.2 million fewer jobs in transportation than five years ago.
- Unemployment has been officially above 8% for a record-breaking 39 straight months.
- Although there is no statistically significant correlation worldwide between income disparity and median per capita income, the top 1% of income earners received 93% of per capita real income gains in 2010. (Obviously, much of these gains were not honestly attained in a free market.)
- Just 19% of registered voters say the president’s policies benefit the middle class, while 25% say they favor the rich. (Ideally, the government should favor neither.)
- President Obama, a member of the so-called “1%,” has between 500,000 and $1,000,000 in JP Morgan Chase, a bank that received billions in taxpayer bailouts.
- Trading losses incurred by JP Morgan recently was projected to surpass $7 billion.
- JP Morgan had close ties with and was a major creditor of MF Global, a financial firm that used customer accounts to cover margin calls. MF Global is currently about $1.6 billion short on its accounts. No one has been charged with any wrongdoing, including former MF Global CEO and former New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine.
- One man protecting Jon Corzine from potential charges is Jamie Dimon, the head of JP Morgan Chase, who is a close friend of Barack Obama’s who works on Wall Street.
- As the Eurozone is flailing with average 11% unemployment, and Spain is following Greece into the economic abyss, Obama’s Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has pressured European banks to buy up increasing amounts of government debt. There is no evidence that this maneuver would solve the root problem of government spending and economic production imbalances, as opposed to worsening them through neglect.
- The proportion of Americans in their prime working years or 25-54 is just 75.7%, the lowest in twenty three years.
- The Misery Index for Barack Obama has gone up 2.57 points since he took office. A combination of (official) unemployment and inflation, it is a gross measure of the mood of the country.
- Obama has averaged 10.78 on the Misery Index during his term. For context, George W. Bush’s averaged 8.11, although he ended at 7.39.
- At a 2012 press conference, President Obama stated that the business that private equity firms do was just fine, only what Mitt Romney did at Bain Capital was wrong.
- The president also stated that Mitt Romney’s private sector experience was not appropriate for someone in the White House. As reported: “There may be value for that kind of experience, but it’s not in the White House,” Obama said.
- Showing a complete and utter disconnect on how a capitalist economy works, he said that Romney’s goal was creating wealth for himself and not others. Needless to say, the goal is irrelevant. When one seeks to make money “for himself” in a capitalist economy, one must produce goods and services that are demanded, hire others for labor and pay them wages, etc.
- The lack of private sector experience in the Obama cabinet is astonishingly low. At just around 8%, it is far less than any other president’s since 1900. The second lowest was John F. Kennedy’s cabinet at about 28% with some private sector experience.
- Despite the implosion of the “green” jobs-heavy Spanish economy, the president is doubling down on his disastrous green energy projects.
- Evergreen Energy received $5.3 million in “stimulus” funds and subsequently went bankrupt.
- In Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s state of Nevada, Amonix Inc. received $5.9 million in “stimulus” funds and laid off 200 employees after only seven months of operation.
- Car battery manufacturer Ener1 Electric received a $118.5 million grant and filed for bankruptcy three years later.
- Just one of Obama’s bundlers is the wife of a businessman who received a $1.2 billion loan guarantee from the Department of Energy to manufacture solar panels. The business, NRG, reported a first quarter 2012 loss of $206 million.
- Obama distributed $50 million through NASA for commercial space flight projects. Obviously, this is not an appropriate use of taxpayer money.
- The Obama-influenced National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) blocked Boeing from opening a plant in South Carolina, a right-to-work state. Boeing was going to spend a billion dollars and planned to hire for 1,000 jobs.
- The NLRB’s general counsel then bullied Boeing not to “litigate this case in the media and public arena.”
- The NLRB also passed new regulations to make unionization easier. A Heritage Foundation analysis shows, logically enough, that the NLRB rules “harm workers” and stymie job creation.
- Nine in ten non-union workers agree. Union membership in America still fell to a post-World War II low of 11.8% in 2011. Private sector union members dialed in at a paltry 6.9%, the lowest since FDR.
- Speaking of bullying, the President once gave a self-serving thirty minute address on Cartoon Network to children on the subject of bullying, apparently aiming to couch himself as a champion of victims and to direct children towards authority figures.
- After a child in North Carolina stated that according to Obama’s own autobiography Dreams from My Father he had bullied a girl while in school, the fanatically partisan teacher launched into a tirade and threatened the student for daring to criticize the president.
- In May 2012, the president gave a speech at a high school commencement in Joplin, Missouri, where a tornado had recently obliterated the town. Obama spared no opportunity to preach his class warfare rhetoric and to rail against greed.
- Barack Obama awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Dolores Huerta, an avowed member of the Democrat Socialists of America, and a close friend of Hugo Chavez.
- A document uncovered shows Obama headlined a speech to the Chicago chapter of the Democrat Socialists of America in 1996, when he was a candidate for state senate.
- Obama recently stressed to a meeting of Jewish leaders that “he probably knows more about Judaism than any other president.”
- President Barack Obama issued a proclamation in celebration of Jewish Heritage Month that lauded Nazi supporter Gertrude Stein.
- He also dismissed the notion that he is not fully behind Israel, because “all his friends in Chicago were Jewish.” Of course, this is not just a slight exaggeration.
- Attorney General Eric Holder, among others, arranged to brief black pastors on how they can campaign for Obama.
- Obama’s first girlfriend, an Australian named Genevieve Cook, was recently discovered. She asserts that he was ‘always the central character in his letters in a self-conscious way, with variations on the theme of his search for purpose and self-identity.’
- An expert on narcissism, psychiatrist Dr. Sam Vaknin, has made the case that Obama is a malignant narcissist. Dr. Charles Krauthammer, a psychiatrist himself, said, “has there ever been a presidential nominee with a wider gap between his estimation of himself and the sum total of his achievements?” Obama’s ostensible penning of two autobiographies by the age of 45 seems to confirm this estimation.
- A Politico analysis exposed Obama’s constant abuse of the word “unprecedented.”
- Despite his feigned posture of selflessness, the president pronouncedly uses the word “I” in his speeches. One New Hampshire speech, for example, shows that he used it 45 times.
- In that same speech, Obama claims that, “And we know that if we truly want to have long-term economic growth in this country, then we need to start addressing the struggles middle-class families have been grappling with for years, long before this recession ever hit.”
- Love letters to his first girlfriend show Obama was an author who penned a florid sludge of self-absorbed gobbledygook.
- Obama’s “New York” girlfriend from Dreams from My Father was not real; she was a “composite girlfriend.”
- While running on the Republicans’ imaginary “War on Women,” Obama brought along alleged wife-abuser Senator Sherrod Brown.
- A poll shows that just three in ten women believe that a “War on Women,” or a large scale effort to limit reproductive choices, exists. This suggests that the Obama campaign contrived the narrative out of whole cloth.
- A comparison of SAT scores between George W. Bush and the transferring class of Barack Obama has led to grounded speculation that Bush likely had a higher SAT score than Barack Obama.
- President Obama’s 2010 State of the Union address rated at an eight grade reading level, one of the lowest in recent times. This is two grades below George W. Bush’s average on the Flesch-Kincaid score, and Obama’s track record is about the historical average.
- Obama served as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Chicago, where he was honorarily called “professor.” Regardless of all qualifications in the carefully couched university statement, he was not a tenured or full-time Professor, whether Assistant, Associate, Full or Emeritus.
- A comparison of jobs under presidencies stretching back to 1948 shows that the so-called “recovery” under Obama is the weakest and follows upon a steep drop in job levels.
- While Obama was campaigning for Senator of Illinois, he denied that he would immediately use the office as a stepping stone to even higher office. Obama officiallyannounces his campaign for president on February 10, 2007.
- In January 2005, he forms a mysterious political pact called HopeFund, whose contributors include Warren Buffett and Bain Capital. (?)
- Apparently a big fan of the Occupy movement, President Obama will receive the nomination for the 2012 Democrat Party ticket at, of all places, Bank of America stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- In mid-2012, Obama implored to the Democrat Party faithful to give him “five more years.”
- When President Obama took office in 2009, he said that he “will be held accountable.” He added that he would turn around the failing American economy within his first term and get the country back on track. Obama concluded, “If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”
- Candidate Obama claimed in a debate against Hillary Clinton that the main difference between their approaches to healthcare is that she believed in forcing people to buy health insurance, while he thought the main issue was affordability. President Obama inked the individual mandate into law on March 23, 2010.
- In 2008, Obama claimed in a nationally televised debate: “I never said that we should try to go ahead and get single-payer.” Barack Obama said in 2003 to the AFL/CIO: “I happen to be a proponent of single-payer universal healthcare coverage. That’s what I’d like to see.”
- Obama stated that he would not be a “tax-and-spend liberal” who would blow taxpayer money on “pork barrel” projects. The unbelievably pork-chocked “stimulus” bill had only an estimated $90 billion for priority projects, the rest being literally billions in wasteful pork.
- Famously, the Obama administration sold the stimulus plan 2009 as a jobs creator that would keep unemployment below 8%. We’re all still waiting…
- The Obama administration repeatedly made the mind-boggling claim that it had “created or saved” thousands of jobs. But even the AP confessed that the created/saved numbers being put out were seriously “exaggerated.”
- By mid-2012, the Obama administration projected unemployment to be well below 6% and approaching Bush norm levels (5.26%). The unemployment rate is 8.2% and if you factor in discouraged workers, it is more around 8.7%.
- The General Solicitor argued before the Supreme Court that the individual mandate penalty is a tax. Of course, the argument was shot down.
- Before the Democrats crammed Obamacare down the American public’s throats, Obama repeated the whopper, “We will keep this promise… let me be clear: If you like your doctor or healthcare provider, you an keep them. If you like your health care plan, you can keep that too.” As area expert Betty McCaughy, PhD. points out, most Americans (exempting the politicians, who opted out) will be forced into a one-size-fits-all plan to be dictated by the federal government in 2014.
- Obama lied no less than eight times about his pledge to broadcast the healthcare bill negotiations on C-SPAN.
- The president claimed, “”We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums…” Insurance companies subsequently raised their rates, citing the new healthcare regulations as the prime driver.
- Obama once fibbed, “We’ve got to spend some money now to pull us out of this recession. But as soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means, instead of leaving debt for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.” Haven’t we been in a “jobless recovery” since 2010?
- Before Obama signed the stimulus bill into law, he claimed it would lead to 2.5 million “shovel-ready” jobs. Of course, he realized later that this was off-base.
- As reported by Politico, the Obama administration promised that lobbyists “won’t find a job in my administration.” The article cited went on to list several major administration officials with lobbyist backgrounds, including Eric Holder, Tom Vilsack, Cecilia Munoz, and Patrick Gaspard.
- While on the campaign trail, Obama said, “We need tougher border security, and a renewed focus on busting up gangs and traffickers crossing our border. . . . That begins at home, with comprehensive immigration reform. That means securing our border and passing tough employer enforcement laws.” Obama subsequently shut down the virtual fence program and attacked Arizona for attempting to implement immigration enforcement laws.
- The president promised his housing plan would prevent between seven and nine million foreclosures. Yet only one in four mortgage holders saw their payments decrease under “HAMP” and the departing inspector general Neil Barofsky said the program fell far short of success.
- The administration said that the stimulus plan would create good jobs and that they wouldn’t be shipped overseas. ABC News reported that eight of every ten “green stimulus” dollars went to foreign firms.
- Promised that his plan to try to help struggling homeowners “will not rescue the unscrupulous or irresponsible by throwing good taxpayer money after bad loans. It will not help speculators.” Yet that’s precisely what Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac did when it provided assistance to second home and investment property mortgage holders.
- The president claimed that a Caterpillar plant would be able to rehire some of the 2,400 workers it laid off. Jim Owens, the CEO of Caterpillar, denied the claim and asserted that there would be more layoffs before any rehires. Of any rehires Caterpillar has made since then, the Huffington Post admits that the company hires more abroad than it does in the U.S..
- On the campaign trail Obama said that a top priority would be signing the pro-abortion Freedom of Choice Act. After getting elected, the legislation faded into the woodwork.
- While campaigning for president, Obama promised that all Americans would have five days to see any legislation before he signed it. Obviously, this was a joke.
- In January 2006, Obama tells Tim Russert that he would “absolutely” serve out his six-year Senate term and would not run for president in 2008.
- Obama tells a Selma, Alabama audience that he had been conceived because his parents were inspired by the “Bloody Sunday” incident at a Selma, Alabama march. That happened in 1965. Obama was born in 1961.
- In January 2007, the Obama campaign issued a statement that said that Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian who attends the United Church of Christ in Chicago. An LA Times article (original removed) later showed that he had spent time in a Muslim school and witnesses testify that he had participated in Friday prayers.
- Obama said, “I’m not running because I’m trying to fulfill some long-held plan.” Obama’s teacher in 1970 remembers that he wrote an essay titled, ‘I Want To Become President,’” the teacher said.
- As ABC News reported, Obama broke his promise and opted out of public financing for his general election campaign.
- Candidate Obama claimed in a debate that his father served in World War II. His father was nine years old when hostilities ended.
- As Senator, Obama decried recess appointments as less credible than normal appointments. As he made recess appointments (when the Senate was not actually in recess), he implied that he was acting in the interest of the American people by going around the Constitution.
- When he didn’t get his agenda through when the Republican House was elected in 2010, Obama complained about a “do-nothing” GOP-obstructionist Congress. Actually, many of the bills the Republicans tried to pass, including a budget (mandated by U.S. law to pass), were held up intentionally in the Senate by Harry Reid.
- As noted above, President Obama promised to close Guantanamo Bay, but didn’t. Yet he actually gave a date, January 22, 2010. On November 19, 2009 the administration forsook this goal.
- After the stimulus bill was passed, the administration made the following statement: “We will launch a sweeping effort to root out waste, inefficiency, and unnecessary spending in our government, and every American will be able to see how and where we spend taxpayer dollars by going to a new website called recovery.gov.” As Jim Geraghty of NRO pointed out, the website doesn’t even have a search feature and cost taxpayers $84 million.
- President Obama once registered his opposition to a Columbian free trade deal while posturing about the extra-juridical violence in the drug-ridden nation. Later, when signaling that his administration was interested in inking a free trade deal with Columbia, there was nary a word about the continuing violence there.
- Barack Obama broke a campaign pledge to the Armenian-American community to officially call the 1915 massacre of Armenians a “genocide.”
- As Jim Geraghty also noted, the Obama administration said it had no plans to renegotiate NAFTA or to revise its labor and environmental provisions, as candidate Obama had assured future voters.
- As Human Events relayed, during the debt ceiling debate President Obama claimed 80% of Americans supported including higher taxes as part of the deal. But a Rasmussen poll taken the same week showed only 34% believed a tax hike should be included in such an agreement.
- The same article revealed another lie: “During his presidential campaign, Obama said that his mother died of cancer after being denied coverage for a preexisting condition. He used her image in a campaign ad, repeated the claim in debates, and used the same rhetoric as President when he tried to sell ObamaCare to the American people. But a new book by New York Times reporter Janny Scott says that Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, had health insurance through her employer and was only denied disability insurance.”
- Another tidbit: “During his 2010 State of the Union address, and again during the 2010 midterm elections, Obama railed against foreign money influencing U.S. elections.” Researchers have tied Obama to foreign campaign contributions, allegedly even from the Middle East. Regardless, Obama’s claims were not substantiated, let alone quantified.
- Again, from Human Events, a real whopper: “During the battle over Arizona’s immigration law, President Obama said: ‘Now suddenly if you don’t have your papers and you took your kid out to get ice cream, you can be harassed, that’s something that could potentially happen.’ ” But the law directed law enforcement officials to ask about immigration status only if there is suspicion of a crime being committed.
- When on the campaign trail, Obama promised to protect Medicare from cuts. Yet the Obamacare bill infamously implies $500 billion slashed from Medicare.
- While selling the stimulus soap, Obama stated with a straight face that 90% of the jobs t0 be created by the stimulus would come from the private sector. And yet an October 2009 analysis showed that state public sectors benefited the most from the stimulus.
- The newly elected Obama once laughably pitched that the “green energy economy” (whatever that is) could create five million jobs, even if that meant spending $150 billion.
- Anecdotally, the above calculation would come to $30,000 a job. By comparison, estimates of the job creation of the stimulus program are in the range of half a million to $4.1 million a job.
- The Obama administration once ridiculously claimed that unemployment payments create jobs. “The framework agreement extended unemployment benefits at their current level for 13 months, through the end of 2011. … According to the Council of Economic Advisers, passing this provision will create 600,000 jobs in 2011 alone.” Obviously, there is no “multiplier effect” if the first link in the economic chain is taking something out of the system for nothing.
- Obama criticized Bush’s deficits and promised to stop deficit spending if elected. But he quadrupled the size of the deficit and there’s no sign in sight of him relenting on his unchecked spending.
- When campaigning Obama criticized bills that were too long to read and promised to put a stop to it. But many of the bills he has been signing into law are monstrosities of up to 2000+ pages.
- Obama told Congress that the health bill he supported (before the Stupak amendment) would not provide public funding for abortions. After “blue dog” Democrats threatened to revolt, language was included supposedly preventing public funding for abortions. The Senate bill would contain no explicit language against funding abortions, however.
- On the campaign trail, Obama promised bipartisanship. But infamously, Obama’s Democrat allies shut Republicans out of all major meetings on the Obamacare law, with the result that the behemoth bill got not a single GOP vote.
- As a candidate for president, Barack Obama promised to end taxation for seniors making less than $50,000. Even Politifact conceded this was a “promise broken.”
- While campaigning, Obama criticized his opponent’s plan to tax employer-paid healthcare benefits, and promised he would not tax them. Of course, Obamacare does.
- Barack Obama promised businesses a $3,000 refundable tax credit for each full-time employee hired. While Politifact rates this a “compromise,” the truth is that the business credits disbursed were not refundable.
- The Obama administration pledged to allow people to withdraw between $10,000 and $15,000 without penalty. This pledge was eventually abandoned.
- On the campaign trail, Obama promised college kids a $4,000 tax credit. It turns out that in 2012, the American Opportunity Credit is only $2,500.
- Obama promised he would not sign a healthcare bill version that would add one dime to the federal deficit. Obviously, the passed Obamacare bill blows that claim out the water.
- The president showed that his heated rhetoric about passing the stimulus bill to avoid an economic catastrophe was shameless guff when he took off on a swanky Valentine’s Day vacation in Chicago for the weekend instead of immediately signing the stimulus bill.
- Obama did not condemn Congress for its secretive closed-door committee meetings when drafting the stimulus package despite promises of greater transparency in Washington.
- He claimed, “If you actually took the number of Muslims [sic] Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.” For a relatively populous nation, we still rank upwards of thirtieth in the world.
- President Obama extends and increases the federal funds for faith-based organizations slammed by Democrats during the Bush administration.
- Despite saying “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times… and then just expect that every country is going to say okay,” it was later discovered that Obama cranks the thermostat in the Oval Office.
- As the American economy ground to a halt, in part due to “skyrocketing” gas prices, Obama once risibly suggested that one way to move off of foreign oil and to prevent drilling on the Outer Continental Shelf was to… properly inflate one’s car tires. An ABC News analysis shows that this may plausibly save about half the possible oil that could be extracted from the OCS if Americans’ cars ran ideally.
- Obama once ostentatiously exhorted his Cabinet to trim $100 million from the federal budget. That’s 0.0032% of the $3.1 trillion budget in FY 2009.
- Barack Obama once filled out a political survey showing he had relatively extreme views on everything from abortion to gun control. After he dissembled that an aide had filled it out for him, a handwriting analysis confirmed that it most certainly was Obama who filled it out.
- Obama once claimed that his jobs bill was “paid for.” The AP showed not so much.
- The president said that the Supreme Court decision in Citizens United “open[ed] the floodgates for special interests — including foreign corporations — to spend without limit in our elections. Well, I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities.” But there are still restrictions on corporate contributions, including foreign contributions.
- Obama says that because of his new CAFE standards for cars and trucks he would save a typical family about $8,000 a year in gas costs. Actually, this is mathematically impossible.
- Obama claimed that the ‘border fence’ was basically complete when it was only 5% finished. Maybe what he meant was that was as much as was going to be completed?
- President Obama shamelessly asserted that doctors are going around amputating people’s legs to turn a profit, and removing tonsils to turn a buck. Even ABC News couldn’t go along with that leftist bilge.
- During his 2008 campaign, Obama said unconvicted and unrepentant terrorist William Ayers was “a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” but “not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.” Not only did Ayers jokingly confirm he launched Obama’s political career from his living room, but evidence has surfaced that Obama attended a local BBQ with Ayers in July 2005. This is in addition to both of them sitting on the same boards.
- During the 2008 campaign, Obama made an outright lie. On national television, Obama said that “100 percent” of McCain’s ads had been negative. Not even close. McCain’s ads were about 73% negative, and Obama’s were about 61%.
- President Obama broke his promise to increase the minimum wage to $9.50.
- Before becoming president, Obama voted “present” around 130 times. The NY Times claimed this was ‘not unusual’ in Illinois state politics, questionably enough; but was right to point out that this was at odds with his posturing as a tough and decisive leader.
- During the primary season, Obama fallaciously claims he won Michigan. Wrong, no you didn’t.
- Showing this was no fluke slip of the tongue, he also said he won the Nevada primary.
- In 2010, Obama said before the mid-term elections, “”Some Republican leaders in Congress” are “pushing to make privatizing Social Security a key part of their legislative agenda if they win a majority in Congress this fall.” One guy, Paul Ryan, could be argued to have proposed partially privatizing Social Security, though he denied this is even an accurate way to put “personal retirement accounts” held by and managed through the government.
- Michelle Obama told a Wisconsin audience that “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback… not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change.” Barack Obama later said those comments were taken out of context, even though Michelle Obama herself provided context for her own comment.
- Obama once claimed segregation was “the law of the land” in the fifties in sixties, although it was law in only a minority of states.
- The president said that if the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it “would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.” Since the Constitutional law lecturer should know that judicial review has been used before, even Politifact scored this one as “false.”
- President Barack Obama said American manufacturers are creating new jobs for the first time since 1990. This was also rated untrue by the lenient Politifact.
- Another claim: “Preventive care … saves money, for families, for businesses, for government, for everybody.” Also untrue.
- In 2011, Obama said, “Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law.” The law was not even set to take effect in 2012.
- At a late October fundraiser, President Obama claimed, “I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. … We’ve got about 60 percent done in three years.” Politifact finds this ‘false‘ as well, because something that is in the works is not done.
- President Barack Obama claimed the United States has “doubled our exports.” Again, not true.
- The president claimed that his proposed budget “will help reduce the deficit by $400 billion over the next decade to the lowest level since Dwight Eisenhower was president.” Nu-uh. Not even close.
- Obama claimed in 2011 that under the White House’s budget proposal, “we will not be adding more to the national debt” by the middle of the decade. Wrongo. (Again, according to the left-leaning Politifact.)
- When talking about Obamacare, the president said, “Insurers delayed an Illinois man’s treatment, and he died because of it.” The insurer’s decision was reversed and the man lived three more years.
- In an interview on Super Bowl Sunday 2011, he said, “I didn’t raise taxes once.” Um, yes you did.
- In a truly ridiculous statement, he uttered that when FDR started Social Security… “it only affected widows and orphans,” and when Medicare began, “it was a small program.” Yeah, not exactly.
- As Politifact reported, another false statement by Obama was that the Bush administration had been “giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return.”
- A big-time lie from Obama was that “”The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.” Sorry, you were backed by Wall Street and a number of industries.
- Obama also claimed there were “no earmarks” in the pork-bloated stimulus bill. Yes, there were.
- He claimed that his healthcare bill will “give every American the same opportunity” to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do. Come on. Everyone knows Congress exempted itself from Obamacare.
- “If we went back to the obesity rates that existed back in the 1980s, the Medicare system over several years could save as much as a trillion dollars.” Say, what?
- In July 2009, Obama claimed that health insurance companies are “making record profits, right now.” They were not making “record profits.” In fact, profits tended to be down from 2006-7.
- Also falsely stated that “We import more oil today than ever before.”
- In 2008, Obama made the absurd statement, “”Oil companies …currently have 68-million acres that they’re not using.” Would that be because of the miles of green tape between them and working such land?
- Said in 2008 that “The fact is that although we have had a president who is opposed to abortion over the last eight years, abortions have not gone down.” But they have gone down.
- Said that the U.S. government spends less on energy innovation “than the pet food industry invests in its own products.” You lie like a dog.
- Also said, “”Our National Guard, as we saw in the Midwest flooding, can’t function as effectively as it could. I was talking to National Guard representatives. Fifteen of their 17 helicopters in this region were overseas during the flooding.” An audit shows there was no shortage of helicopters available.
- Obama was caught in a fib that “I have never said that I don’t wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins.” Our assuredly patriotic president did say he won’t wear them, while criticizing some people who wore them and were “not acting very patriotic.” He also defined “true patriotism” as “speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.” How compelling.
- Candidate Obama once claimed that strong Republican contenders in 2012 wanted to cut foreign aid to other countries, including Israel, to zero. Politifact rated this lie as “pants on fire” worthy.
- Obama claimed in his infamous Osawatomie speech that “Some billionaires have a tax rate as low as 1 percent.” This is also wrong.
- President Obama pledged “I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” From Obamacare to the GM bailouts to his recess appointments to his unconfirmed “czars” to countless other petty indiscretions, this president has routinely flaunted the Constitution.
- The website “Fight the Smears” denied that President Obama was a part of the socialist New Party while in Illinois. Another lie.
- Investigator Stanley Kurtz revealed new evidence from the Wisconsin Historical Society that corroborates that not only was Obama a member of the New Party, he signed a pledge that he would publicly support and associate himself with the Democrat Socialist of America-affiliated party while in office.
- During the Governor Walker recall stand-off, President Obama “tweeted present” prior to a humiliating loss for the Democrats.
- President Obama drew laughs from a LGBT Leadership Council fund-raiser in Beverly Hills by making an apparent fellatio-related double entendre that “Michelle didn’t go all the way down”… on her pushups.
- At another fundraiser, Obama joked that Clooney had been airbrushed out of the picture that made the “Hope” poster, and that this was the first and last time that would ever happen. Not a true story, however.
- In a recent report on the supposed 3 million “green jobs” manufactured under the Obama administration, all manner of positions, from garbageman to used clothing salesman to school bus driver were counted.
- In an article that was published on the Huffington Post, Republican Darrell Issa cited that $100 billion had been spent on “green jobs,” leading to little more than mounting debt.
- Issa provided the following dismal statistics regarding the green jobs training program: “Equipped with $500 million to fund ‘green’ worker training for 124,893 people, the IG [Inspector General] found they have only trained 52,762 (42 percent of the target), and only 8,035 actually got jobs (10 percent of the target). Of those, only 1,033 (two percent of the target) have kept their jobs longer than 6 months.”
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics is also unilaterally changing the way jobs numbers are counted that will make it more difficult for journalists and economists to make timely assessments of their veracity, according to the transparency advocated Sunshine in Government.
- The BLS is also forcing journalists to report on economic data using government-issued computers.
- As noted in a Forbesarticle, a number of radicals have turned against Obama, calling him everything from a “psychopath” to a “megalomaniac” and arguing that he is little different than Bush.
- Famous left-wing academic Noam Chomsky once said that Obama is worse than Bush.
- Two of Obama’s close left-wing associates, Herb and Marion Sandler, were pioneers of the “option ARM” mortgage, which leads relatively poor people into mortgages whose interest payments they cannot ultimately afford.
- The Obama administration had direct contacts with the secretive left-wing billionaire summit “Democracy Alliance,” held at the posh Biltmore Hotel and chocked full of radical activists.
- Among Obama’s top bundlers is disgraced former MF Global CEO Jon Corzine.
- Although Obama couldn’t say that the goal of the mission in Afghanistan was “victory,” he named one of his campaign funds the Obama Victory Fund.
- While the AP ran a story whispering in hushed tones about Romney’s secret billionaire financiers, Forbes disclosed a number of billionaire bundlers doing likewise for Obama.
- This does not even include the Super-PAC funding of billionaires like George Soros, who can contribute unlimited sums to such campaign vehicles due to the “infamous” Citizens United ruling.
- Republican candidate Mitt Romney outfundraised Obama in May $76 million to $60 million.
- In May 2012, apparently haven’t learn the key economics lesson of his term, Obama proposes another multi-billion dollar slush fund stimulus program.
- As CBS reported, real inflation is not the modest 3.1% reported by the government, but a cumbersome 8%.
- Gas prices were up 103.77% under Obama in just two years.
- This is a bigger gas price increase than under Jimmy Carter.
- Gas prices have soared despite Obama releasing 30 billion barrels from its strategic petroleum reserve.
- Obama approved of $1.78 per gallon subsidy for corn ethanol fuel.
- As Reutersreported, Obama blamed others for high gasoline prices.
- When speaking on the economy, Obama made the revealing gaffe that he thought the economy was “doing just fine.”
- Former Obama adviser Stever Rattner appeared on MSNBC and disputed the president’s comment that the economy was “doing just fine.”
- After the phrase blew up in his face, he walked the comment back.
- Just a month prior, Obama had made a similar gaffe in regards to the magnitude of the recession that “sometimes I forget” [about it].
- President Obama once blamed the structural unemployment on the country’s level of automation… such as its ATM machines.
- The U.S.’ Global Competitiveness ranking has fallen from first place to fifth place under Obama.
- Obama’s Jewish mentor in Chicago was a socialist rabbi named Arnold Wolf.
- After President Obama helped remove Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak from power, the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohammed Morsi is elected president in Egypt.
- In a hot mic exchange with former French President Sarkozy, the president said of Israeli President Benjamin Netanyahu, “”You’re fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!”
- President Obama’s Catholic ally Father Pfleger is a left-wing “social justice” activist.
- Although he criticized Bush’s invasions of privacy, Obama is compiling vast amounts of data on all Americans.
- President Obama politicized the census by moving its supervision directly into the White House.
- The president sent a weapons contract to a foreign company with ties to Iran.
- The Obama administration compromised national security by leaking information regarding America’s cyber warfare tactics against Iran.
- Senate Democrats blasted the administration for allowing the leak and warned Iran would be justified in retaliating.
- Moderate Republican John McCain linked the intelligence leaks, including one regarding Obama’s “kill list,” to an election-year campaign effort to make Obama look tough on terrorism.
- Undisclosed Mossad agents revealed to the Israeli press that they think Obama did it for re-election purposes.
- Long-time Democratic strategist Pat Cadell believes the leaker is Obama’s National Security Advisor Tom Donilon.
- Early in his administration, Obama requested that Angela Merkel allow him to stage an election rally at the Brandenburg Gate — and was rebuffed.
- President Obama has personally reached out to Germany to loan economically floundering European countries more money in order to help his re-election chances. (Never mind if those European welfare states actually reform or not).
- A study shows that Mitt Romney’s Twitter followers are far more likely to be American than Obama’s. Only about half of Obama’s Twitter followers are Americans.
- Anecdotally, the Youtube phenomenon ‘Obama girl’ won’t endorse Obama, and is not as excited about the 2012 elections.
- According to the Army Times, about 3,000 troops are slated to serve in Africa next year.
- U.S fatalities in Afghanistan have doubled on President Obama’s watch compared with the campaign under Bush.
- Obama’s religious adviser Eboo Patel has been closely linked to Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, who is building the Muslim victory mosque near the 9/11 WTC attacks site.
- Although the Obama administration stated that all officials are closely vetted, former “green jobs” czar Van Jones is an admitted 9/11 “truther.”
- When President Obama introduced President Bush at the latter’s White House portrait ceremony, the incoming president couldn’t resist making disparaging remarks about Bush leaving the economy in shambles and failing to capture Osama bin Laden.
- President Obama unilaterally went around Congress and announced that law enforcement officials should exercise ‘prosecutorial discretion’ in regards to certain illegal aliens. So apparently, Obama thinks it’s okay for him to put the caveats on the laws that Congress passes.
- President Obama’s wife Michelle, who is not elected to be an official, has a staff of 22 assistants, who make a combined $1.5 million a year, all at taxpayer expense.
- President Obama himself has a dog trainer/sous chef on retainer for $102,000 a year, also at taxpayer expense.
- Michelle Obama’s Spanish vacation alone cost taxpayers $470,000, according to Judicial Watch.
- Her family vacation to Botswana and South Africa cost over $424,000.
- A single vacation with President Obama is noted to have cost over $4 million.
- In one year, the Obamas racked up nearly $10 million in vacations total.
- The transparency group Judicial Watch has sued for further information on the bills that the Obamas have stuck American taxpayers with.
- President Obama personally gave out 1,200 Obamacare waivers to businesses, a flagrant disregard of the rule of law and a patronizing form of power-building virtually foreign to the American presidency.
- Labor unions that predominately backed the Obamacare law received numerous waivers, betraying an outrageous double standard.
- President Obama gave 58 speeches in 51 weeks selling Obamacare.
- Despite this smarm offensive, sixty percent of Americans think the president’s healthcare law violates individual rights.
- In 2009 alone, the president made 726 speeches or official public appearances, which is nearly two a day.
- The White House also held 332 White House evening events in that year alone.
- According to the Cost of Government Center, it takes the average working American until August 2nd to pay off the cost of government. This is an increase from “just” 103 days under previous presidents.
- The COGC estimates that it now takes the average American 77 days to pay for the cost of government regulations, while under previous regimes it was “only” 61 days.
- Obama promised to reduce the fine print of home mortgage contracts. Currently, Fannie Mae’s mortgage paperwork weighs in at 120 pages, while Freddie’s a svelte 150 pages, and FHA is a big-boned 200 pages.
- Under Obama, federal government hiring went up 1.3% total in the first three years, although it fell by 1.3% in 2011. Declining local employment levels has led to an overall drop in public sector jobs. Obama has lied by saying that slowed government hiring in a recession is unprecedented.
- The crackpot “cash for clunkers” program burned through its billion dollar allocation in a week, and then quickly bled red by another $2 billion.
- Obama gave tax breaks for certain electric golf carts. One wealthy individual bought up ten to trim his tax burden by $5,500 each before selling nine for a healthier bottom line.
- Obama promised to “reduce drug use and the great damage it causes.” His administration then increased spending on drug law enforcement to record levels both in dollars and in percentage terms. U.S. drug czar Gil Kerlikowske later conceded the strategy hasn’t worked.
- As the Health and Human Services head Kathleen Sebelius admitted, the monumental Community Living Assistance Services and Support act has “no viable path forward” at this time. The program was slated as a budget gimmick to trim $86 billion from the federal deficit.
- In 2010, the Obama administrative touted an impending “recovery summer,” which was supposed to see an immense increase in jobs. Instead, unemployment actually went up twice on the way to 9.8%.
- Two years after Obamacare is passed, he claims that an individual mandate is necessary to cover those with pre-existing conditions. But this is false due to the existence of “high risk pools.”
- Has presided over a judicially imposed drought in California’s Central Valley due to some endangered species.
- Due to the president’s refusal to hold Attorney General Eric Holder administratively responsible for the deaths of hundreds due to the disastrous Fast and Furious operation, the House has been compelled to bring contempt charges against Holder.
- The state of Florida has resorted to suing the Obama administration for blocking its purging of voter rolls of non-citizens.
- The DOJ under Obama blocked implementation of a voter ID law in South Carolina on civil rights grounds, even though the state added a provision that it would pay for free voter IDs and allow post-voting verification.
- Texas has also filed a similar suit against the administration, charging the administration with showing how compliance with the law disproportionately hurts Hispanic voters.
- Obama has ignored the recommendations of the Simpson-Bowles deficit reduction committee.
- Although the youth vote and activism was crucial to Obama’s first election campaign, pollster Zogby says younger voters are giving up on politics.
- President Obama’s EPA is making a power grab to control ditches, gullies, and ponds on private property through the “Clean Water Act.”
- The Obama campaign is apparently engaging in an ‘unprecedented’ data mining operation to target potential voters. Whether or not the campaign is relying purely on public attainable data is anybody’s guess.
- The Obama administration is buying access to online users’ profiles from businesses like Google and Yahoo.
- The president “worked” a fundraiser at one percenter George Clooney’s swanky estate, selling plates at $40,000 a pop.
- President Obama has gone on a glitzy fundraising tour in liberal California while the economy continues to struggle creating jobs.
- The Obama campaign has scapegoated the GOP by claiming Republicans are rooting against the economy to turn around, as if this has anything to do with whether or not his policies work.
- Left-leaning neorealist Stephen Walt writes a list of ten foreign policy failures of the Obama administration. The most damning linkage is how Obama has failed to help the world economy recover.
- Obama announces a “jobs plan” of more spending in September 2011, after effectively admitting the previous bout of stimulus failed by stating flatly “the economy has stalled.”
- An all-time record of 16.3 million families are “upside down” on their mortgages.
- According to an economist, the economy has lost $1.3 trillion in annual demand since Obama took over.
- President Obama’s Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner recently said Obama’s economic policies have been “remarkably successful.”
- According to a November 15, 2011 report of Syracuse University’s Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse (TRAC) , the Obama Administration is on track to file 1,365 prosecutions for financial fraud, the lowest number in 20 years.
- Twenty-five percent of American households have someone who is unemployed and looking for work.
- According to an August 2011 survey, forty-two percent of Americans are living “paycheck to paycheck.”
- Up to June 2011, the Federal Reserve has effectively “pumped” $2.5 trillion into the economy.
- Under President Obama, the net worth of the American family has fallen 40% in three years.
- Obama once denied engaging in class warfare and declared to a national audience “I’m a warrior for the middle class.”
- President Obama is a cigarette smoker who has failed to quit. Mitt Romney is not a smoker.
- Obama visibly drank alcohol on several occasions while in office. Romney does not drink alcohol. Or coffee. No one is quite sure what he drinks.
- In one of his many biographies, Obama confessed to using pot and a little blow. Mitt Romney does not like it when his neighbors smoke pot on the beach. And get off his lawn.
- Mitt Romney was once said to have hired illegal immigrants, but he only hired a landscaping company that employed illegals. Barack Obama directly hired hundreds of illegal aliens at taxpayer expense.
- Mitt Romney was slammed in a Washington Post hit piece for hazing a student who turned out to be gay. Barack Obama admits to having shoved around a girl while in school.
- Barack Obama confessed to eating dog in his biography Dreams from My Father. Mitt Romney likes his steak medium rare.
- The Obamas enjoy attacking fast food chains. Mitt Romney enjoys making fast food chains profitable.
- After berating Americans about unhealthy food habits, Michelle Obama ordered a cheeseburger, french fries, and a chocolate shake from the Shake Shack, while Obama scarfed down wieners at a sausage fest. Mitt Romney doesn’t like cookies (but he doesn’t tell other not to eat them).
- When throwing out the first pitch at a major league baseball game, Obama noticeably threw like a girl. At age six, Mitt could already hit a baseball further than the current president.
- While throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game, Obama wore both a White Sox hat and a Nationals jersey and drew unmistakable boos. When Mitt Romney wears a Red Sox jersey, he wears only a Red Sox jersey.
- When throwing out the first pitch at an All-Star game, after being warned by Albert Pujols “not to bounce it,” he decides to wear mom jeans. On the campaign trail, Mitt Romney wears Dockers (and he requires his staff to do likewise).
- During an interview with Bob Costas, Obama mispronounced Comiskey Park as “Kaminsky Park.” Romney not only goes to Fenway Park, he knows how to say it.
- It is not clear whether or not Barack Obama knows how to properly throw a football. Mitt Romney not only knows how to play football, he doesn’t wear shades and a baseball cap while doing it.
- The president bicycles with a helmet that would make Urkel blush. Mitt Romney digs motorcycles.
- Barack Obama goes shirtless as he takes long walks on the beach. Mitt Romney has magic underwear.
- Obama likes to pick NCAA tournament brackets. Romney likes to pick winning stocks.
- Obama can be shown to dye his hair black and gray as desired. Mitt Romney has an immaculately manicured coif that shines with the sheen of a silver fox.
- The president has played over 1650 holes of golf while in office. Romney doesn’t go to the golf course often, because one time he did and he was arrested for sliding on big blocks of ice.
- President Obama proposed a 10% luxury tax that of the kind that killed the U.S. yacht industry.
- When Mitt Romney goes bowling, he rolls strikes. Obama bowled a 37 over seven frames before quitting.
- Barack Obama cracked an insensitive joke about the Special Olympics. Mitt Romney helped turn around the actual Olympics.
- Obama gets pizza chefs delivered from St. Louis. Romney delivers pizza to firefighters.
- President Obama holds beer summits. Mitt Romney holds jobs summits with small business owners.
- Mitt Romney’s wife is a hard-working, cancer-surviving mother of five children. Barack Obama’s wife once got paid a six figure salary for a mail-in job on a hospital board.
- Barack Obama’s VP is Joe Biden. Mitt Romney’s VP will not be Joe Biden.
- When Barack Obama does a speech, he uses a teleprompter. Mitt Romney often gives speeches without teleprompter or notes.
- Mitt Romney’s real first name is Willard. Barack Obama’s middle name is “Hussein.”
- The name of Mitt Romney’s mom is Lenore. The name of Barack Obama’s mom is Stanley.
- Obama’s idea of community service is shaking down banks and agitating for radical causes. Mitt Romney’s idea of community service is doing charity work overseas.
- Mitt Romney’s idea of missionary work is promoting the faith of the Mormon Church. Barack Obama’s idea of missionary work involves Mrs. Obama and won’t be discussed on this blog.
- Barack Obama cracks lewd jokes about Michelle Obama “doesn’t go all the way down” on her pushups. Mitt Romney doesn’t think there’s anything funny about not going all the way down on pushups, and if anyone on his campaign does it during morning PT, he has to sleep on the campaign bus.
- Mitt Romney gives away pocketfuls of cash to jobless campaign volunteers. Barack Obama gives away presidential medals of freedom to known Marxist leaders like Dolores Huerta.
- Barack Obama’s idea of “change” is turning a prosperous free country into a hyper-regulated basketcase. Mitt Romney’s idea of change is the wad of twenties in his pocket.
- After his father died, Mitt Romney gave away his entire inheritance to the BYU scholarship fund. Barack Obama gave away a bust of Winston Churchill that was a gift from England.
- Barack Obama once gifted a boxed set of DVDs to Prime Minister Gordon Brown that was not even formatted correctly. Mitt Romney has never seen The Wizard of Oz, due to its hidden socialist undertones.*
- Obama gave an iPod to Queen Elizabeth loaded with his “greatest” speeches. Mitt Romney’s iPod doesn’t have his own speeches; more like country rock and Americana.
- Barack Obama likes to give shout outs to politically motivated and foul-mouthed gangsta rappers. Mitt Romney doesn’t listen to hip hop.
- When he was younger, Barack Obama’s idol was Saul Alinsky. Mitt Romney’s idol was Jesus Christ.
- Barack Obama holds onto politically partisan hacks like Eric Holder too long because he doesn’t like to fire his fellow Democrats. Because he lives in the world of reality, Mitt Romney likes the ability to fire incompetent workers.
- Say what you want about Mitt Romney’s vacations, at least they don’t cost America’s taxpayers millions.
- Obama’s slogan “Forward” has a rich history of socialist usage. Mitt Romney’s slogan “Believe in America,” despite MSNBC’s idiotic assertions, has nothing to do with the KKK.
- Mitt Romney rightly called the Occupy Movement “dangerous” as it piled up over 6,000 arrests. Barack Obama called it “the reason I ran for office.”
- Barack Obama “empathizes” with the Occupiers. Mitt Romney empathizes with the unemployed looking for a full-time job.
- Mitt calls the auto bailout “tragic,” as it has led to a $16 billion loss for taxpayers. Obama claims that the auto bailouts “worked.”
- While Mitt slams Obama for the disastrous economy, the president thinks the private sector’s “doing just fine.”
- Mitt Romney warns America about a “government-run economy.” Barack Obama fears a market-run economy.
- The last time Mitt Romney dined with the Chinese was at Szechuan Palace. The last time Obama dined with the Chinese, he begged the commie-run government to buy up more of our debt.
- When Mitt thinks of “AAA,” he laments the decline in our S&P credit ratings. When Obama thinks “AAA,” he recalls an auto club he once joined.
- Mitt Romney sometimes forgets the keys to his Ford Mustang. Barack Obama “sometimes forgets” the magnitude of the recession the country’s been in.
- When Romney hears about the “New Black Panthers,” he intuitively thinks about booking a family trip to the Franklin Park Zoo. When Obama hears about the New Black Panthers, he checks his dayrunner to see if he has time for a speaking engagement.
- The in-the -tank media are investigating if Mitt Romney gave away free subs to court voters in Wisconsin. The same media could care less if there were free subs patrolling the waters of the Atlantic seaboard.
- Barack Obama’s Secretary of the Navy named vessels after disgraced Democrat Jack Murtha, civil rights champion Medgar Evers, and leftist labor leader Cesar Chavez. Mitt Romney obviously named his son Taggart for an Atlas Shrugged character.
- Mitt Romney once defied the state of Massachusetts by insisting he can put whatever stickers on his boat he wants. Barack Obama’s wife wants to “sponsor” an all-female boat in the Navy, whatever that means.
- Contrary to popular misconception, Mitt Romney’s favorite game is not Etch-a-Sketch, it is Monopoly (with real money). Barack Obama’s favorite game is crushing the hopes and dreams of small business owners.
- Under Mitt Romney’s governorship with the Democrat-dominated Massachusetts legislature, it became more expensive to go ice skating, register a boat, or get a duplicate driver’s license. Under Obama, it became more expensive to breathe.
- Barack Obama’s idea of “stimulus” is to blow hundreds of billions on an economic program that fails by its own measures. Mitt Romney’s idea of “stimulus” is to cut taxes and expenses for businesses so people can get back to work.
- When Barack Obama gives a speech, he stops to listen to his “God echo.” Mitt Romney has never heard a “God echo” — perhaps one time in church.
- As head of Bain Capital, Mitt Romney advised struggling companies to lay off a few thousand workers to keep afloat. As head of the United States, Obama’s economic policies have seen through the loss of over 5 million jobs.
- Mitt Romney supports drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Obama supports sky-high gas prices.
- Barack Obama believes in manmade climate change and supported taxing the world economy via cap-and-trade. Mitt Romney opposes regulating carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, as ThinkProgress laments.
- Mitt Romney concedes that liquid coal is a viable form of energy. Barack Obama’s approach to coal is to destroy the industry.
- Romney withdrew Massachusetts from the carbon-regulatory regime RGGI. Obama’s science czar John Holdren would like to see such a scheme implemented on a “planetary” scale.
- Obama collects Spiderman and Conan the Barbarian comics. Mitt Romney collects struggling businesses before turning them around.
- Intelligence was leaked that the Pentagon has a model built of Iran’s Natanz nuclear enrichment plant.
- Secrets were revealed that the NSA routinely taps the Pakistan security service’s cell phones.
- The Obama administration is responsible for leaks regarding the CIA’s use of cameras to catch terrorists.
- Barack Obama won a Grammy in 2006 for the audio version of Dreams from My Father. Mitt Romney has a Grammy – her name is Anna.
- Classified information was divulged that America has a secret program to protect Pakistan’s nuclear facilities.
- Before going more with an everyman’s look, Mitt Romney used to don suits from Nordstrom’s. Barack Obama wears suits from some designers, including a guy named Marx.
- Barack Obama’s secret service codename is “Renegade.” Mitt Romney’s codename is alternately “Javelin”.
- The president’s administration leaked intelligence about a covert operation that stopped the “underwear bomber.”
- President Obama owns four identical pairs of size 11 shoes. Mitt Romney owns 400 pairs of identical shoes, matching black jacket, black pants, and starched white shirts.*
- Mitt Romney’s favorite novel is Battlefield Earth, a novel set in 3000 featuring aliens with bad breath and intergalactic bankers who collect on a bad debt. Barack Obama’s favorite novel is Moby Dick, a tome about a mad fisherman’s quest to slay a white whale.
- Mitt Romney’s favorite film is O Brother, Where Are Thou?, which is based on the Odyssey and set in 1930s southern America. Barack Obama’s favorite film is One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, a film based on a borderline crazy man’s experience in an insane asylum.
- When Obama likes a musician, like Bob Dylan, he gives him a presidential medal of freedom. Mitt Romney buys their CD.
- Barack Obama stands 6’1. Mitt Romney is 6’2 (6’4 if you count his hair).
- Barack Obama can’t stand ice cream. Mitt Romney personally scoops ice cream for his supporters.
- For Mitt and Ann Romney’s first date, they went to see the soaring musical The Sound of Music. For Barack and Michelle Obama’s first date, they went to see Spike Lee’s racial tensions flick Do the Right Thing.
- Barack Obama applied to appear in a black pin-up calendar in college, but was turned down by the all-female panel. Mitt Romney looks too perfect to be an Abercrombie & Fitch model.
- Barack Obama switched to a Ford Hybrid from a Chrysler 300 C during his campaign (before his presidential ride became The Beast). Mitt Romney owns many cars, including a Ford Mustang and a number of SUVs, and he doesn’t apologize for them.
- Obama said he would liked to have been an architect if he were not a politician. Mitt Romney would have liked to have been a successful businessman.
- Obama said, ““Like it or not, we have to have a financial system that is healthy and functioning.” Romney would like it.
- Barack Obama said “I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.” Mitt Romney thinks that when you get off your behind and work, it’s good for everybody.
- Obama actually said, ““In America, there’s a failure to appreciate Europe’s leading role in the world.” Mitt Romney has warned repeatedly about the ruinous course of the European welfare state.
- President Obama said, “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times…” Mitt Romney actually thinks you can.
- Mitt Romney was almost arrested in Utah for merely saying the f-word when he insists he said “H-E-double hockey sticks.” President Obama once blasted his staff after an unsavory meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu by yelling, “What the f*** was that?!?”
- Mitt Romney took no salary as Massachusetts Governor or president of the Olympics in Salt Lake City. Barack Obama took no salary for all those jobs he didn’t do.
- During the debt ceiling debate, President Obama threatened to withhold Social Security Checks from veterans and elderly to get his way. If the debt ceiling agreement didn’t go through, the executive branch would have been forced to budget, and Obama picked the most politically sensitive citizens to target in order to keep spending without limit. Mitt Romney has done no such thing in his political career and is more taken to task for compromise than playing such hardball.
- Romney promises to “rebuild the foundations of the American economy on the principles of free enterprise, hard work, and innovation.” Obama will fail to build our nation’s future on the backs of our children with unlimited government spending, unending debt, and rampant corruption.
- On Mitt Romney’s campaign site, he states that he wants to cut red tape and cites that, “Regulations function as a hidden tax on Americans, with the federal government’s own Small Business Administration placing the price tag at $1.75 trillion annually.” Barack Obama has exploded regulations in the nation, leading to tens of billions in additional bureaucratic burdens.
- Governor Romney expanded gun rights in liberal Massachusetts and is an NRA member. President Obama has been hostile to gun ownership and on a questionnaire supported the ban of handguns and assault rifles.
- Candidate Romney has said straight up that, “Producing more domestic energy would create good jobs and bolster local economies.” Before becoming elected, Obama said, “Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.” Even without cap and trade, they have anyway.
- Mitt Romney believes Russia is a “destabilizing force on the world stage.” A concessionary Barack Obama once assured Dmitry Medvedev that “after my election I will have more flexibility” to yield to Russian interests.
- Romney advocates “smaller, smarter, simpler government.” Obama wants to hire even more government employees.
- Governor Romney once signed off on the individual mandate to carry health insurance. President Obama signed legislation that would force a similar program onto all Americans, regardless of what their state legislatures vote on it.
- Mitt Romney says unabashedly that “Israel is the United States’ closest ally in the Middle East and a beacon of democracy and freedom in the region.” Obama’s mixed record on Israel has left many Jews questioning if he’s really “got their back.”
- Mitt Romney believes it is unacceptable for Iran to possess a nuclear weapon. Barack Obama did nothing to promote a benign democratization push in Iran at the most opportune time.
- On the jobs front, Mitt Romney supports “free enterprise, free choice, and free speech.” Barack Obama supports what Mitt Romney calls the “government-centered society.”
- Mitt Romney is not Barack Obama.
- President Obama was elected in part due to a deceptive media that failed to properly vet an obviously radical president.
- Candidate Obama had a lengthy left-wing track voting record compiled from his days as a state senator and U.S. Senator, although the mainstream media worked in concert to portray him to the American people as “moderate.”
- The president was demonstrably and clearly a member of the socialist New Party in Illinois. Socialism is not compatible with constitutionally limited government.
- Candidate Obama had a number of scandalous associations, including with Tony Rezko, Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers, Bernadette Dohrn, and many others, which were shrugged away or swept under the rug by by the media.
- Candidate Obama promised that he would “fundamentally transform” the country five days before his election. It is not the role of the United States president to unilaterally impose his preferences on millions of citizens.
- Before coming to office, he frequently condemned Bush for his war policies; and then as president, he voted for the Patriot Act twice without revision, claimed he has the right to detain and assassinate U.S. citizens, and allowed the use of spy drones over domestic soil.
- Obama lied frequently and egregiously about what he would do as president. The future president promised he would cut deficits, go line-by-line through wasteful legislation, bring more transparency to government, and end the wars in a timely fashion. Yet he has not been held accountable by the mainstream media for these lies.
- Obama the candidate used soaring and empty rhetoric to woo a nation sick of partisanship. But he betrayed this lofty tone a number of times, such as by referring to Republicans as “enemies,” rhetorically saying he would bring a gun to a knife fight, and that he wanted supporters to “get in people’s faces.”
- Obama has engaged in class warfare politics foreign to this country’s history. He has attempted to pit rich against poor, and middle class against both, instead of underlining the capitalist truth that we can all prosper together through hard work.
- The future president promised he would work with the Republicans in a bi-partisan fashion. But along with the Democrat-led Congress, he would force legislation through with little or no consequential input from GOP representatives.
- The economic crisis that put Obama over the top was caused by bad fiscal practices such as forcing banks to make loans to subprime borrowers and the government insuring mortgages. There is no serious way of avoiding the fact that the government created perverse incentives and moral hazard with its mortgage lending regulations and policies.
- President Obama would blame Bush for the situation he was put in on numerous occasions. But Obama would go on to double down on virtually every major Bush policy; including bailouts, stimulus, big healthcare programs, and war policies.
- The president has spent more money than any president over four years, while racking up more debt than all previous presidents combined. This money has to be paid back at interest by us and our children, one way or another.
- Obama has been one of the most corrupt presidents in history. Trillions in taxpayer money has been doled out by Obama in politically partisan fashion to unions, non-profit organizations, corporations, banks, and other campaign contributors.
- Meanwhile, the spontaneously arising tea party, which objected to such shameless theft from hard-working producers and redistribution to the corrupt and non-working, were marginalized by the president, vilified by the Democrat Party without objection by Obama, and even called a foul-mouthed epithet by the president himself.
- The president would go on to support the “Occupy Wall Street” movement, a group of feckless criminals and aimless rabble-rousers whom he “empathized” with, even though he had been one of the major underwriters of Wall Street’s reckless practices.
- Obama shamelessly pandered to unions, blacks, hispanics, women and every other known subsection of the American public even after he was elected president, whose office is meant to represent the interests of the entire country as a whole.
- After becoming president, Obama has endlessly remained in campaign mode, pausing only to act like a uniter at politically opportune times, such as after the Gabriel Giffords shooting.
- He came to office with the slogan “Hope and Change,” and at the end of his presidency, has shamelessly carried out a negative re-election campaign.
- Although he has been hyped as one of the greatest orators in presidential history, Obama has a lengthy history of gaffes and awkward pauses.
- Obama has been touted as one of the smartest presidents ever, with little record to verify it, and without any demonstrable results to prove it.
- The president has acted extremely incompetently at times; most visibly after the BP oil spill, which he let languish for forty days as he rhetorically used it as an issue to demonstrate the supposed wisdom of his environmental policies. Once he decided to act, the leak was stopped within a few days. The BP oil spillage then quickly resolved itself by dissipating into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Obama would defy the rule of law repeatedly, acting more like he had been coronated Tsar than elected president. Disregarding a Louisiana judge’s ruling against the unilaterally imposed moratorium on offshore drilling is but one obvious example. Strong-arming BP to set up a victim’s fund in violation of due process rights is a related offense.
- The president would then appoint numerous radical, virtually unconfirmable “czars” to head various executive posts and initiatives in violation of Senatorial advise and consent. Many of these czars, like Julius Genachowski at FCC, would operate in defiance of legislatively passed laws.
- The president then ignored the Constitution on several other matters, such as by making a recess appointment when the Senate was not in recess, which is explicitly forbidden by the Constitution.
- The president would then bully countless businesses and organizations, meanwhile touting a “bullying” campaign in our schools. A prominent example among many is the NLRB’s blocking of a Boeing plant to be built in right-to-work South Carolina.
- President Obama pressured the CEO of GM to resign and then put a political hack in his place. It is not the proper role of the president to act like CEO of the country.
- Obama postured as if he would be a post-racial president as a candidate, but then his lapdogs proceeded to inflame race relations, making them worse than they have been in decades.
- Candidate Obama ran as a blank slate candidate that the public could project their hopes onto and ended up being an extremely partisan president that engages in sleazy politics.
- The president set up a number of websites that encouraged Americans to spy on and snitch on one another to the government.
- He has called out private citizens by name in order to castigate them, such as talk show host Rush Limbaugh.
- He has deceptively used private citizens to make anecdotal arguments for policies. One example is the case of Democrat political operative Sandra Fluke.
- President Obama has refused to forthrightly and expeditiously release commonplace records to the public, keeping them secret and attacking anyone who seeks more information as a ‘conspiracy theorist.’
- Obama claimed that he “would not rest” until he accomplished several policy goals (which were never accomplished), but then took lavish vacations and went golfing a record number of times for a president.
- The president has demagogued about the ‘shared sacrifice’ and ‘skin in the game’ he expected of Americans, but has lived like a king on the taxpayer dime, like outrageously flying in a pizza chef to make him pizza.
- Obama has schmoozed with celebrities and appeared numerous times on talk shows to engage in shameless self-promotion, which is noticeably unbecoming of the presidency and lowers the dignity of the office.
- The president has used funding of the arts to engage in political propaganda.
- He has promulgated a cult of personality that has led to children singing odes to his name in school, which he has fed by giving personal messages to children reinforced by Department of Education issued questionnaires.
- His environmental agenda has consisted in constant and endless fearmongering about supposed “manmade climate change,” which has reinforced his program of gaining a regulatory stranglehold over energy production and industry.
- Obama and his cadres have bald-faced bragged about intentionally making electricity prices “skyrocket” and driving coal companies out of business.
- President Obama has in numerous ways worked to erode U.S. sovereignty in deference to unelected and unaccountable UN bodies, Quangos, and INGOs. He backed a cap-and-trade scheme that would have seen trillions of money laundered through the UN and political cronies’ hands; his financial appointees have mulled a global currency to be administered by the IMF (which was recently headed by a socialist); he has called for ratification of a restrictive small arms treaty; supports the Law of the Seas Treaty;, and has advocated other sovereignty-infringing treaties.
- In violation of the U.S. Constitution and the War Powers Act, President Obama has committed troops to military actions without reporting to Congress; and he has justified such action by appeal to international bodies like NATO. In addition, he has committed U.S. troops and hardware to carry out missions in various countries in Africa, such as Libya; as well as in Yemen and Pakistan, among other sovereign nations.
- President Obama has cordially and in unseemly fashion courted various socialist despots, Islamist dictators, and authoritarian heads of state.
- He has on a number of occasions bowed to foreign heads of state in a manner violating foreign policy protocol and besmirching national dignity.
- He has insulted our allies Britain and Israel by giving foreign leaders inappropriate gifts and inexcusably flaunted etiquette in high level meetings.
- When the Iranian people needed a world leader to visibly support their struggle for freedom and democratic accountability, Obama was nowhere to be found. The president claimed he did not want to meddle in Iran’s internal politics.
- When Honduras removed its burgeoning socialist dictator from power, Obama not only misrepresented the legal action to remove Zelaya as a “coup,” he instructed the State Department to punish Honduras by withholding foreign aid.
- When the Arab Spring movement caught fire in the Middle East, Obama interjected himself into Egyptian politics to help remove authoritarian president Hosni Mubarak from office. After his intervention, Islamist groups like the Muslim Brotherhood and worse rose to power.
- The president has repeatedly and inexplicably made conciliatory gestures towards Russia, which has repaid his “flexibility” with hostile foreign policy actions around the world.
- President Obama has continued to borrow far and away what the country can afford to repay from the communist regime of China, strengthening an ideological adversary at the American people’s expense.
- The president has continued to prop our foreign adversaries that rely heavily on oil revenue by intentionally hamstringing the country’s ability to fulfill its own energy needs, particularly through environmental regulations.
- He has reduced the full faith and credit of the United States by enacting no policies to avoid a reduction in our sovereign credit rating from AAA to AA+.
- He has slashed the military capability and might of the United States by reducing its troops levels and cutting funding while expanding its responsibilities.
- His generals’ restrictive military orders in Afghanistan and the president’s demoralizing rhetoric about not seeking “victory” have contributed to a doubling of military casualties in that country.
- The president has politicized the military through advancing a gay agenda that has nothing to do with military effectiveness and by introducing a dangerous and symbolic conversion to biofuels in the U.S. Navy.
- The president has hypocritically chided the American people for not obeying certain environmental imperatives, meanwhile violating nearly every one of such admonishments personally.
- The president and the first lady have harassed the American people to consume food according to “healthy” guidelines, while personally violating their own guidelines constantly.
- The government has been spending taxpayer money to promote the supposed benefits of its own policies.
- The government has been subsidizing “non-profit” organizations whose often controversial goals do not represent the American people’s interest as a whole.
- President Obama passed a healthcare law that is an affront to religious freedom, since it compels religious institutions to violate their members’ conscience by promoting and funding contraception and abortions.
- The president lied about no public funding going towards abortion in his healthcare law.
- He also ‘lied’ about the healthcare law not being applicable to illegal immigrants.
- The president’s signature healthcare law has also been exposed in the courts to be likely unconstitutional and should be struck down as such. The healthcare law is a flagrant violation of individual rights, as it demands that the citizen engage in commerce, and puts the life and health of every man, woman, and child in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats.
- The president has imposed billions of dollars in regulatory burdens upon companies and small businesses.
- He has done nothing about the U.S.’ highest corporate tax rates in the world, driving overseas much-needed jobs.
- The president imposed a number of tax increases that impact the lower and middle class.
- He also deceptively raised taxes after his next election year to pay for “Obamacare.”
- Obamacare did not and will not lower healthcare costs in any way, shape, matter, or form, although it was touted as such.
- His massive program threatens to fundamentally alter the relationship of government to the citizenry; effectively transforming people into wards of the state and political subjects.
- The government used Americans’ money to bail out foreseeably failing European nations without repercussion.
- The president’s administration has leaked intelligence secrets to the press for seemingly political reasons.
- One of the worst political scandals in U.S. history, a gun-running scheme that resulted in hundreds of deaths known as “Operation Fast & Furious,” which carried implications for gun law arguments, transpired on Obama’s watch without accountability for the highest officials implicated.
- The president has warped the economic infrastructure of the nation by directing productive activity away from consumer demand and towards fulfilling government orders and initiatives. The billions in green energy funding has resulted in little more than waste, corruption, and crowding out in the marketplace.
- President Obama has done nothing about the ponderous social welfare programs whose unsustainable debt financing threatens to bankrupt the nation within a generation.
- The president and his party have demonized any who seek to seriously and responsibly address the nation’s real problems as “terrorists,” “extremists,” “hostage takers,” and worse.
- Although required by law to pass a budget each fiscal year, the president and his party have not passed a budget in over 1,000 days.
- Both the president and his party have subsequently blamed their opposition party as “obstructionist,” even though the Democrats control two-thirds of the branches of government.
- The president appointed political partisans to the Supreme Court who have Constitutionally questionable legal rationales. Justice Elena Kagan is ruling on the constitutionality of a healthcare law that she officially advocated for instead of recusing herself from hearing the case.
- The president not only failed to uphold the territorial integrity of the United States by forcefully opposing illegal immigration, but he has legally attacked states that have sought to do so.
- His Justice Department has fought states that are taking measures to prevent voter fraud in the upcoming national election, arguing speciously that checking for voter’s citizenship is “racist.”
- Previously, the same Justice department refused to protect the voting rights of citizens on racial grounds.
- The Obama campaign has contracted with Internet companies to engage in widespread data mining in order to construct political profiles of prospective voters.
- Candidate Obama one time boasted about wanting a “civilian national security force” just as well-funded and equipped as the United States military. Of course, such a concept is hostile to Constitutionally limited government and any domestic standing army would become a permanent threat to civil liberties if it were to be established.
- The Department of Homeland Security issued a report on “right-wing extremist” groups that included potential threats as Constitutional government proponents, Ron Paul supporters, and returning veterans.
- The Obama campaign has consistently smeared its opponents as racists, misogynists, and other kinds of bigots, without proof. He has constantly provoked a political atmosphere of incivility.
- In addition, the president and his advocates constantly frame him as the victim, even though he is the most powerful man in the world.
- The Transportation Security Administration under Obama has humiliated and denigrated hundreds of passengers, including women and children, all in the name of “political correctness.”
- Terrorist actions have occurred on American soil under Obama; although his administration has changed nomenclature or simply ignored terrorist events to suggest they didn’t actually take place. The Fort Hood massacre is one such example.
- The president has interjected himself into local political and news matters to exploit them for partisan purposes.
- President Obama noticeably lacks patriotism when it comes to celebrating national holidays, showing reverence for the military, and touting American exceptionalism. He has skipped several veteran’s or patriotic events or has celebrated them in spurious, non-symbolic fashion.
- The president has ideologically attacked the economic and political foundations of the country, referring to them in some cases as “failed theories.” He has stated that the Constitution is “deeply flawed,” for one example.
- Obama does not openly and consistently endorse the Constitutional foundations of this country; namely, individual rights, liberty, and limited government. Instead, he emphasizes collectivist principles laudable in society and conflates them with the role of government.
- President Obama has failed to articulate a clear vision for the country. This is presumably because he has a hidden agenda and is managing things on a day-to-day basis pragmatically as he gains power.
- The president brazenly and intentionally confuses the accumulation of state power with “progress” in the public mind.
- The American public has been barraged since the inception of the Obama administration with a number of petty outrages and distractions to frustrate the coalescence of opposition to any one particular policy.
- He has not given the public ample time to debate or provide feedback on proposed policies.
- The president championed his healthcare proposal for nearly a year before the Democrat Congress forced it down an opposing public’s throats.
- President Obama has insulted other branches of government while carrying out official duties; such as by condemning the Supreme Court for a decision during his State of the Union address.
- The executive branch has centralized an unprecedented amount of power; often at the expense of the legislature and the states.
- President Obama defied Congress and effectively implemented the Dream Act by executive order. This runs contrary to Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution granting Congress the authority: “To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States.”
- The President has clearly failed to uphold his Oath of Office by knowingly and willfully refusing to steadfastly preserve, protect, and defend The Constitution of the United States.
A few reasons not to vote for Obama 2012
2. The failed $850 billion stimulus (where did it all go and to whom)
3. High, persistent unemployment
4. Gas prices
5. The 2012 budget’s fecklessness
6. Massive deficits each and every year
7. The seizure of GM and Chrysler, the transfer of bondholder wealth to unions, and the dumping of the GM stock at a loss
9. Hostility to Israel, including attack on apartment expansion and icing of Prime Minister Netanyahu in basement of White House. P.S. Fuck Israel
10. Failure to support Iran’s Green Revolution
11. Failure to support Syrian revolution
12. The Libyan Fiasco
13. The incompetent handling of the Gulf Oil disaster
14. The unnecessary permitorium in the aftermath of the Gulf Oil disaster
15. The shutdown of Shell’s Arctic oil exploration by EPA
16. The president’s push for cap-and-tax in the Congress
17. The president’s attempt to unconstitutionally impose cap-and-tax via EPA when the Congress wouldn’t pass cap-and-tax
18. The president’s push for unconstitutional restrictions on free speech on his political enemies while keeping the unions free to spend money on campaigns via The Disclose Act
19. The president’s attempt to unconstitutionally impose The Disclose Act on his political opponents but not unions via Executive Order
20. The president’s use of unaccountable “czars”
21. The president’s refusal to accept Congressional direction vis-a-vis his “czars” contained in the last 2011 Continuing Resolution
22. The president’s verbal assault on the Supreme Court while the members of the Court sat before him in the state of the Union
23. The president and Eric Holder’s politicization of the Department of Justice, including the black panthers case and the refusal to defend DOMA
24. The president’s use of demonizing rhetoric towards his opponents, such as accusing doctors of performing unnecessary surgery for money
25. The president’s hyper-partisan approach to governing including “I won, you lost” in 2009 and the assault on Paul Ryan with Paul Ryan as an invited guest in the president’s April 2011 “deficit speech.”
26. Bowing to the Saudi King and the Japanese emperor
27. Returning the bust of Churchill to Great Britain
28. Removing the missile shield from Poland and the Czech Republic
29. Backing the would-be dictator of Hondorus when that nation’s Supreme Court rightfully removed him from office
30. Failure to push for quick ratification of free trade agreements with Columbia, Panama and South Korea
31. Indecision on Afghanistan surge coupled with announcement of eventual withdrawal.
32. Incoherence on Egypt, most obviously with the dispatch of Frank Wizner and then rejection of Wizner’s advice vis-a-vis Mubarak.
33. Appointment Craig Beck to NLRB via recess appointment
34. Appointment of FCC commissioners who are pursuing “net neutrality” without Congressional authorization
35. Failure to resume full water deliveries to California’s Central Valley because of the Delta Smelt
36. Attempt to close Guantanamo Bay
37. Attempt to try terrorists in New York City
38. Janet “The System Worked” Napolitano
39. Government takeover of the student loan program
40. Cancellation of “virtual border fence” project with no replacement or indeed concern for border security
41. The “Beer Summit” and the attack on the Cambridge Police Department
42. The Department of Justice’s attack on Arizona for that state’s exercise of its sovereign legislative authority on the issue of citizen identification rules
43. The attack on Scott Walker and Wisconsin for the governor’s and the state legislature’s exercise of their sovereign legislative authority on public employment issues
44. Dabbling in basketball brackets while the Middle East fell into chaos and the gas prices skyrocketed
45. Arguing that American exceptionalism was the same as any nation’s sense of exceptionalism
46. Implying that Minnesota bridge collapse was the result of lack of infrastructure funding
47. Inserting himself into campaign for the Olympics
48. Attack on D.C. voucher program
49. Van Jones and a long list of other appointees
50. Teleprompter dependency and the worst run of presidential rhetoric since Millard Fillmore combined with testiness in the few interviews he grants.
51. Larry Sinclair sucked his dick twice and can’t admit it.
30 Reasons Why People Under 30 Should Not Vote For Obama
Some people just haven’t seen enough evidence that President Barack Obama does not deserve re-election.
And if the following 30 reasons don’t convince you that Obama should be shown the door in November, nothing will.
1. Closing Guantanamo? Eh, not so much.
President Obama came into office championing the closing of Guantanamo Bay, claiming that it was giving America a bad name and recruiting terrorists around the world. Guess he just forgot.
2. Welfare Reform? Who cares!
This past week, Obama broke the back of the amazingly successful 1996 welfare reform legislation signed into law by Bill Clinton, specifically the part that demands that people still look for work while collecting benefits. Now people can sit on the doles for as long as they like.
3. Hey, Big Spender!
Despite trying to add some of his spending into Bush 43’s column, Obama has done little to dispell the myth that when it comes to spending, Democrats are really, really good at it!
4. Who pays for all this big spending?
You do, the U.S. Taxpayer.
5. He’s putting Bush to shame when it comes to borrowing.
China and Japan are the two biggest holders of U.S. foreign debt. Lord help us if they ever decide to cash in. Why does this count against Obama? Well, under his watch, it’s only grown increasingly worse.
6. Your Individual Share?
The average individual’s share of U.S. National Debt? $50,710.90, and growing. That means you too, millennials!
7. Remember that whole ‘Obamacare will cost under a trillion dollars’ thing?
Well, actually, it’s now expected to cost over $2.6 trillion, and it hasn’t even gone into effect yet. It’s OK, we all know that entitlements have never increased in cost in this country.
8. Fast And Furious
The good news? We’re not talking about yet another awful Vin Diesel flick. The bad news? We’re talking about a federal program that allowed guns to be taken back to Mexico by drug lords, which got so out of control it resulted in the deaths of two American agents and hundreds of Mexicans.
9. Executive Privilege
When Congress demanded Attorney General Eric Holder hand over all documentation related to Operation Fast and Furious, Obama invoked Executive Privilege, ensuring that the records will not be shown to anyone.
10. TOTUS (Teleprompter of the United States)
It would be nice to get rid of that stupid teleprompter, wouldn’t it?
11. Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, Father Pfleger and Reverend Jeremiah Wright
Before rising to the national stage, Barack Obama hung out with some characters that really don’t seem to like America very much. Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dorn, were former members of the Weather Underground, a domestic terrorist organization. It only gets worse from there.
12. You Didn’t Build That!
This past week, President Obama reprimanded business creators, telling them that they didn’t create their business because they were smart or worked hard. Someone else “did it for them.” Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Mark Zuckerberg, and Papa John might disagree, but I digress. (Mitt Romney’s response was classic. Go watch!)
13. Grin and Beer it.
The president came really close to the stupidest publicity stunt of all time with his famous “Beer Summit.”
14. All Bills Should Be Online For Public View For 5 Days Before Being Voted Upon.
It hasn’t happened much, has it?
15. War on Prescription Drugs?
Obama was a champion of allowing cheaper imported prescription drugs. Oh well. Guess it’s easier to just attack domestic drug companies while doing them favors at the same time.
16. Screw You, Soldiers
Obama has said he will veto any bill that does not hike the health care fees paid by U.S. service members. How disgusting.
17. Going’ Gray Quick.
Romney may be doing the “Just For Men” thing, but wouldn’t it be nice to have someone who looks like a Matinee Idol again in the White House, like Reagan?
18. Come on in, illegals!
President Obama recently signed an executive order allowing nearly a million young illegal immigrants to stay in the country. Don’t you feel stupid for doing it the slow way, legal immigrants?
19. The Great Unifier?
Remember when President Obama rode in on a white Unicorn, promising to unify a deeply divided country? Yeah, that was a good one!
20. Do Unto Others …
President Obama said in 2008: “If you don’t have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.” Sounds nice and pretty, right?
Now, think about the way he’s been attacking Mitt Romney lately … Hmm … It’s OK, he probably just forgot.
21. Why Insult Enemies When You Can Insult Allies?
Early into his term, President Obama returned a bust of Winston Churchill to the Brits. It was a gift to the White House after the September 11th attacks.
22. Hot Mic!
It’s nice to know the President can be discreet, especially when talking to shady characters like President Vladimir Putin, lackey, Dmitri Medvedev.
23. Crony Capitalism, Anyone?
Obama used to campaign against crony capitalism. Thank God he made sure to allow his buddies at General Motors to pay no taxes! Oh, where are those “occupiers” when you need them?
24. So Long, Solyndra!
Your tax dollars went to the Edsel of solar panel companies.
25. Obamacare For All, Unless You’re on The Cool List!
Obamacare is so incredible, that the administration couldn’t wait to dole out over 1,200 waivers to companies and unions who wanted to get out of it.
26. Libya, Libya, Libya …
Obama promised the doves in the nation he’d put an end to wars. After lengthening the current conflicts, he sent “military assistance” to the rebels in Libya, without going to Congress beforehand. Even trigger-happy President Bush went to Congress to get a resolution before going into Iraq.
27. Trump This!
You really want to listen to The Donald go off about Obama for another four years?
28. Imagine a Speech That Doesn’t Have The Words ‘I,’ ‘Me’ or ‘Myself’ 200 Times…
I know you have to be a little cocky to be in politics, but good lord!!
29. Buyoffs, Payoffs and Favors, Oh My!
The “Louisiana Purchase“ and the “Cornhusker Kickback” were some of the biggest political favors handed out in recent years. Without them, he never would have been able to buy enough votes to jam through his precious health care law at midnight on a Sunday.
30. No More Alfred E. Neumann Impressions!
President Obama not once, but twice, hid the face of someone else while waving during one of those fancy group pictures that world leaders like to take. Just stick to looking cool with your hands in your pockets. Sheesh!
Top Five Reasons Not to Vote for Barack Obama
Posted: 04/27/2012 in Politics
The only reason you’d continue to support a man like Barack Obama in 2012 is that you haven’t been paying any attention to his policy choices over the last 3 years.
Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not advocating voting for Mitt Romney. The man is a well-oiled political robot, and the generally negative response he’s received from pillars of his own party illustrates that clearly enough. For the life of me, I’m not sure how anyone on either side of the political spectrum could possibly be enthused about the current election cycle.
But this article is for all those in my generation who continue to believe in the empty promises of the Obama administration, despite all evidence to the contrary. This is an easy-to-use fact sheet on why Barack Obama does not deserve your vote in 2012.
Obama’s administration has upheld the Bush doctrine of pre-emptive war, further stripped the American people of their civil liberties, overstepped its Constitutional bounds, gotten into bed with the bankers and the nation’s wealthiest citizens at the expense of the average working man, and has broken innumerable campaign promises, governing in direct opposition to the once-hopeful slogan of “Change We Can Believe In”.
What follows is a short list of five reasons to not vote for Barack Obama.
#1: Passage of the NDAA
On December 31st, 2011, while everyone was busy ringing in the New Year, Barack Obama quietly signed into law a piece of legislation far more draconian than anything offered up by the Bush administration. The National Defense Authorization Act of 2012, which outlined the budget for U.S. defense expenditures at home and abroad, includes a notable section (1021) under the heading of “Counterterrorism” which allows for the indefinite detention of American citizens suspected of aiding and abetting terrorist activities, without trial.
Section 1021 reads as follows:
Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force…includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.
“Covered persons” is subsequently defined as “any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of [terrorist] enemy forces.” A “belligerent act” is never defined, and neither is it stipulated that an individual must be found guilty in a court of law in order to be treated as a supporter of terrorism. Suspicion alone is enough.
The Section continues, stating that “disposition under the law of war” is to be interpreted as referring to “detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities…” This effectively nullifies the Writ of Habeas Corpus, which is applied to all citizens in the Constitution of the United States, and guarantees them a fair and free trial in civilian court. And, of course, the “end of hostilities” is open to debate as well. The “war on terror” is a war declared on an abstract concept, not a nation state or even a particular organization of people, so how and when can it possibly end?
For his part, in the signing statement, President Obama assures us that his “Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens”, and that the government “will interpret section 1021 in a manner that ensures that any detention it authorizes complies with the Constitution, the laws of war, and all other applicable law”.
But very few of us will be satisfied with hoping that our government will not choose to exercise the power it’s been newly invested with. It’s a dangerous gamble.
And more to the point, as Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) made clear on the floor of the Senate, it turns out that the Obama administration insisted that the controversial provision be included and that no exemption be made for U.S. citizens. In fact, numerous proposed amendments specifying that the American people be exempt from indefinite detention were defeated, apparently under pressure from the White House. Why insist on it if you don’t plan on utilizing it?
In its defense, the Obama administration has pointed to subsection (e) of Section 1021, which reads:
Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.
But this is, as critics have pointed out, simply “meaningless rhetoric” designed to assuage our fear without actually guaranteeing our rights. The folks over at The Tenth Amendment Center, a civil liberties watchdog group, have this to say about it:
This provision is sometimes touted as protecting citizens because it preserves existing Supreme Court decisions. The problem is that, as yet, there are no Supreme Court decisions that squarely provide the full measure of habeas corpus protection to citizens or legal aliens accused within our borders. This is true because neither the Bush nor the Obama administration has had the audacity to round up U.S. citizens without our borders and hold them indefinitely without trial.
Johnathan Turley of The Guardian describes this bill as a “Mayan moment” for civil libertarians. “2012,” he says, “is when the nation embraced authoritarian powers with little more than a pause between rounds of drinks.”
#2: Extension of the PATRIOT Act Without Revision
The PATRIOT Act, considered by most civil liberties groups to constitute a gross invasion of privacy, came up for a one year renewal in early 2011. Barack Obama had campaigned on the notion that legislation like the PATRIOT Act ought to be revised to include regulatory oversight, in order to avoid any possible abuse of power.
Obama’s official campaign statement regarding the war on terror, entitled “Barack Obama: The War We Need To Win”, stated that: “As president, Barack Obama would revisit the PATRIOT Act to ensure that there is real and robust oversight of tools like National Security Letters, sneak-and-peek searches, and the use of the material witness provision.”
But in the run-up to renewal, the Obama administration dramatically reversed its stance on the bill. Not only did Barack Obama fully support the Act, sans revision, he issued an official statement requesting that it be extended for not one year, but three! The statement made clear that the President “would strongly prefer enactment of reauthorizing legislation that would extend these authorities until December 2013.”
The Act’s renewal was successful, and specific provisions again came up for re-authorization in the middle of 2011. Obama unconditionally supported their renewal, as well, and as Politifact reports: “By reauthorizing the Patriot Act, President Obama guaranteed (barring any judicial action) that the law will live on in its current form until June 1, 2015.”
And this, of course, is not the extent of Obama’s trampling on the freedoms of the American public. The recent passage of CISPA, a draconian piece of legislation aimed at imposing government control on the internet, or the Executive Order entitled “National Defense Resource Preparedness”, which allows the Executive branch to seize control of the nation’s industries, transportation and energy, as well as to utilize the military domestically however the President sees fit; all of this represents a systemic pattern, not a handful of isolated incidents.
#3: Murder of American Citizens Overseas
On September 30th, 2011, Barack Obama ordered the targeted killing of American and Yemeni Muslim Imam, Anwar al-Awlaki, who was suspected (but never tried or found guilty) of being a top-ranking member of Al-Qaeda, working for the organization as one of its most influential recruiters.
Several weeks later on October 14th, his 16-year-old son, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, was also murdered in a CIA drone strike, while on his way to a barbecue. Abdulrahman was a full American citizen, born in Denver, Colorado.
Al-Awlaki and his son were just two names on the government’s targeted killing list, which was started during the Bush administration and has been continued and added to during Obama’s tenure in office.
The targeted killing of American citizens, depriving them of the due-process guaranteed to them under the Constitution is more than cause for concern. It represents a fundamental violation of our most basic right as members of American society. The administration’s justification for the murder of al-Awlaki is that there was no other way to eliminate the threat he posed to the country.
Of course, critics have pointed out that this would in no way be considered an acceptable argument in the context of domestic criminal behavior. Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh, for example, could not have been killed in an air strike without due process simply because arresting them was difficult.
Meanwhile, Eric Holder (who has advocated the suspension of Miranda rights for any American citizen suspected of aiding and abetting terrorist organizations) stated unequivocally that the murder of American citizens falls within the purview of the President, and that it’s legally justified under the following three circumstances:
First, [if] the U.S. government has determined, after a thorough and careful review, that the individual poses an imminent threat of violent attack against the United States; second, [if] capture is not feasible; and third, [if] the operation would be conducted in a manner consistent with applicable law of war principles.
Which puts our fates squarely in the hands of the Executive branch and its “thorough and careful review” (the details of which are not disclosed to the general public), rather than in the hands of a jury of our peers. Again, we’re asked to simply trust that the government won’t overstep its bounds. And were trust enough, we never would have needed to depart from the monarchy.
This is Orwellian reasoning, and were it coming from the mouths of the well-known players of the Bush administration (say Rumsfeld or Ashcroft), the left would quickly condemn it. As it stands, however, there’s been relatively little public outcry over this flagrant violation of Constitutionally guaranteed rights outlined in the 5th Amendment, which states clearly that the government cannot deprive citizens of life or liberty without due process, regardless of suspected criminal activity.
#4: Extension of the Bush Tax Cuts for the 1%
On December 17th, 2010, President Obama signed a bill extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans for another two years.
The tax cuts amounted to 858 billion dollars of lost revenue between 2010 and 2012. That’s 858 billion of revenue lost during a time when we’re actively pushing to cut the salaries of teachers, to layoff firefighters and police officers, and to bust up public sector unions in order to scrimp and save a few pennies here and there.
The Obama administration, for its part, defends itself by stating that if they hadn’t extended the tax cuts, all legislative efforts favored by Democrats would have been blocked by the Republicans in the Senate.
However, as we’ll see below, Obama’s relationship with big business, big banking, and the wealthiest individuals in the country is far from reluctant.
So when Obama says (as he did just a few nights ago, while “slow-jamming” the news with Jimmy Fallon) that those on the right want to pay back the national debt only as long as it doesn’t include taxing billionaires, remember that it was Obama who put his signature to a bill that cost the country nearly 900 billion dollars for the sake of easing the burden on the nation’s wealthiest.
#5: In Bed With the Bankers
Obama, during the 2008 election cycle, received $1,013,091 from Goldman Sachs, $808,799 from J.P. Morgan, $736,771 from Citigroup, $624,618 from Time Warner, and multiple millions of dollars from various other moneyed interests in the financial sector.
Compare that to McCain’s donor list, which features the same corporate players, but about half of the amount of money donated from each company.
Obama’s former Chief of Staff, Rahm Emmanuel (now Mayor of Chicago), earned millions of dollars in investment banking after leaving the Clinton White House in 1999, much of it working in collusion with Goldman Sachs.
Then there’s the revolving door between Goldman and the Obama administration. More than a few prominent members of Obama’s team have enjoyed a long and profitable relationship with the banking giant. McClatchy reports:
Several former Goldman executives hold senior positions in the Obama administration, including Gary Gensler, the chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission; Mark Patterson, a former Goldman lobbyist who is chief of staff to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner; and Robert Hormats, the undersecretary of state for economic, energy and agricultural affairs.
Meanwhile, allegations surfaced long ago that Goldman used its influence with the Obama administration to address charges of fraud leveled against them by the Securities and Exchange Commission. During their bout of legal troubles with the SEC, Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein visited the White House on at least four separate occasions to meet with President Obama. Their topics of conversation remain a mystery, of course.
And Obama’s collusion with the banking system goes further than that. In 2010, Obama began actively pursuing negotiations with five of the largest banking organizations in the country, stating that he would drop all investigations into their mortgage-related crimes (which caused the 2008 financial crisis) in exchange for a one-time payoff of roughly 20 billion dollars to the American people.
The deal was struck in February of this year, and the banks agreed to a 26 billion dollar settlement in exchange for immunity. The New York Times reports:
After months of painstaking talks, government authorities and five of the nation’s biggest banks have agreed to a $26 billion settlement that could provide relief to nearly two million current and former American homeowners harmed by the bursting of the housing bubble, state and federal officials said.
In exchange, the banks would get immunity from civil lawsuits by the states, as well as similar guarantees by the Justice Department and Department of Housing and Urban Development, which have participated in the talks. State and federal officials declined to say if any form of immunity from criminal prosecution also is under discussion.
The deal comes on the heels of new revelations that the banks continue to engage in all of the risky and potentially illegal practices which brought about the 2008 collapse. According to Reuters:
…major banks and other loan servicers have continued to file questionable documents in foreclosure cases. These include false mortgage assignments, and promissory notes with suspect or missing “endorsements,” which prove ownership. The Reuters report also showed continued “robo-signing,” in which lenders’ employees or outside contractors churn out reams of documents without fully understanding their content.
Critics contend that this deal amounts to bankers buying their way out of jail. Which of course it does. This from Politicalvelcraft.org:
[Iowa Attorney General Tom] Miller has repeatedly lied, on behalf of Obama, that the banks would be granted only limited immunity from their crimes, despite multiple leaks from within his group to the London’s Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal, insisting that in fact, the banks will be given a “Get Out of Jail Free” card for everything.
Obama, beholden as he is to the banking system and big business, is no friend to the average, American worker. His record over the last three years speaks for itself.
(BONUS!) #6: Warmonger in Chief
Yeah, I know I said “Top Five”, but this is too important to ignore.
In March of 2011, the Obama administration began airstrikes in support of rebel forces, aimed at ousting Colonel Muammar Gaddafi from power in Libya.
We have spent upwards of 1 billion dollars in Libya, though that’s not what’s gotten politicians from both sides of the aisle riled up. President Obama, who campaigned on the rule of law, and portrayed himself as the anti-Bush, the candidate who would respect Congressional authority and reign in the Executive branch, never sought Congressional approval for military action in Libya.
Under the War Powers Act of 1973, the President has 60 days from the beginning of any conflict to obtain official Congressional authorization for the use of military force. Obama, in a move which ruffled the feathers of many of the members of his own party, simply refused to comply. His administration stated flatly that the rules don’t apply to Libya:
WASHINGTON, September 12, 2012 – The United States of America has survived more than two centuries as the greatest country in the history of civilization. The US has been a beacon of freedom, innovation, and prosperity for the free world, and it is not by accident.
The main point of distinction separating the United States from all other civilizations is the Constitution and what it represents.
Most of this country’s Founders personally adhered to Judeo-Christian values and principles but they did not craft a government that was a mouthpiece of the Church, as it was in England. Instead, they used Judeo-Christian principles to shape and craft this rugged document known as our Constitution, a document so enduring that we have a continuous string of elected officials who have sworn to “preserve, protect and defend” it.
Any deviation from our Constitution is a clear and present danger to our great Republic.
So why should we not vote for President Obama? It is because far too many of his actions and rhetoric have either circumvented, challenged or blatantly disregarded the clear mandate set forth in the U.S. Constitution. Regardless of what your personal sentiments are, none of us, as U.S. citizens, are above our founding document.
Looking over the last four years of the Obama administration, following are some of the egregious actions by the Obama Administration that, while not clearly impeachable offenses, nevertheless violate the spirit and intent of the oath to “support, protect and defend” our U.S. Constitution.
These actions betrayed the public trust, compromised national security, and negatively impacted the lives of America’s citizens and their prosperity.
See if you agree:
1. Monkeying With The Economy
The Obama Administration pushed for “Stimulus Legislation.” We were supposed to have “shovel-ready projects.” Instead, the money went to Unions that support President Obama and the Democratic party with financial contributions.
Secondly, Keynesian economics exacerbates economic problems. When the government chooses to take money out of the private sector, through taxation, attempting to “stimulate” economic growth via government spending, it makes things worse.
Another way the government tries to stimulate the economy is to add to the money supply by CREATING more money. This is commonly known as “quantitative easing.” This worsens the problem by increasing inflationary pressure, which devalues all dollars currently in circulation. One reason this does not work, for example, is that Saudi Arabia observes us pumping up the money supply. Saudi Arabia understand that this, in turn makes the value of their dollars decline, and the result is an increase in the price of Saudi oil. Then the government deflects responsibility for this economic ding on the American people by blaming “rich, evil oil companies” for surging prices at the pump, and also for prices of goods and services that are dependent on oil.
2. Stagnant Economy
The American economy is stagnant primarily due to excessive government regulation, which makes it more difficult for new businesses to get established and become profitable, and also due to some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. These force businesses to either waste resources to find ways to avoid taxes, or to pay high tax bills, and in both cases the cost is eventually passed onto consumers. The oxymoronic “Affordable Health Care Act” has levied the greatest tax hike in American history.
The result is that companies are not taking economic risks and they are not hiring. Health care, especially for seniors, is degraded because Obamacare took more than $700 billion from Medicare in order to fund this new “tax.”
3. Immigration Reform
The Obama Administration has steadfastly opposed the State of Arizona’s immigration enforcement efforts. Governor Jan Brewer signed into law Arizona Senate bill 1070 to protect Arizona citizens from illegal immigrants (especially those who had violent records). The U.S. Attorney General (under President Obama) sued the State of Arizona, and infringed on that state’s sovereignty.
The impact on the voters? Individual safety and the security of private property are exposed to great risk.
4. Command, or lack thereof
As Commander in Chief, the President has not led by positive example in the area of personal responsibility.
a. Our fighting forces (from E1 through O10) are given an interim period of 89 days in a new duty station or command, during which they are considered to be “NOT OBSERVED.” Once that military man or woman reaches 90 days in that new position, they then OWN that position and all things related to it. President Obama has repeatedly attempted to pass the buck by stating that the last Administration ran the economy into the ditch, and that he was not responsible.
A President is not fully to blame for everything that happens on his watch, but he is not given a pass with respect to required involvement in turning things around for the better. The President is given huge power; with that power comes authority and responsibility. The President gets to take the credit for the good that happens on his watch, even if he did not cause it, and so he must take the blame for the bad. He can’t have the authority and take the credit without also accepting the blame.
b. Another reprehensible action by Obama was his release of the details relating to Seal Team Six. It is unconscionable that the Commander in Chief would allow the release of sensitive information related to Navy Seals’ operations, soley for his own aggrandizement.
c. Overtures to Israel. Never in our nation’s history has an American president displayed such open contempt to our most important ally in the Middle East. This negative climate towards Israel is reflected in our State Department’s refusal to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, shameful treatment of Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu during a visit to the White House in March 2010, and the Obama Administration’s seemingly cozy relationship with persons who have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.
Impact on the voters: None of the above mentioned examples bolster or enhance our national security in any way.
5. Domestic Terrorist Threats
Insults levied against American citizens. The Deptartment of Homeland Security released a publication that outlined domestic terrorist threats. The document impugned the motives of Tea Party activists, veterans who returned from serving on active duty, and other grassroots persons and groups, while arousing unwarranted suspicion surrounding their existence and/or activities.
Impact on the voters: The Executive Branch of government is charged with showing forth an example of serving the citizens, vice insulting and shrouding them under a cloud of suspicion.
The Obama Administration has not effectively made the case for why the President should be reelected. The aforementioned is not a matter of concern for a particular race, social or socioeconomic group. The things cited are matters of huge concern, a reflection of a dearth of leadership, and clear failure in execution of the job mandated by the Constitution of the United States.
As Clint Eastwood so poignantly put it, “Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re Libertarian or whatever, you (American people) are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job (like President Obama), we got to let them go.”
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter