Politics: IRS Scandal Raises Fears About ObamaCare
Obama’s Second Term Clouded by Controversies – Dan Balz, Wash Post
IRS Scandal Raises Fears About ObamaCare – Byron York, DC Examiner
Benghazi: A Desperate GOP Attack – Sen. Barbara Boxer, Huffington Post
The Benghazi Cover-up Matters – Debra Saunders, San Francisco Chronicle
Will Republicans Overplay the Obama Scandals? – Peter Weber, The Week
A Brief History of IRS Political Targeting – James Bovard, Wall St. Journal
Gomez to Get Money Boost, But Will It Be Enough? – Scott Conroy, RCP
Primer and scorecard. More: And Then There Were Five Obama Scandals…?
by Rick Moran
The IRS was just doing its job?
- The IRS scandal … when an apology isn’t enough
- Heritage: Scandals reflect controlling nature of Obama administration
- Benghazi scandal spawns talk of impeachment
- ‘Hostile takeover’ in Minnesota re: marriage
- Sexual conduct part of immigration reform?
After Obama was elected, I faced my first IRS audit shakedown after decades of filing income tax returns. Coincidence? Given the headlines of the past 48 hours, perhaps not.
- The truth of abortion … the hope for Gosnell’s repentance
- VT’s euthanasia bill ‘dressed up’ for passage, says group
- Constitutional right to abort a ‘fictitious situation’
- Sooner State frontrunner in parental involvement re: abortion
- Gosnell-like abortion practices in New Mexico?
- KS lawmakers approve pro-life protections
- ‘Deeply confused’ man’s case against Christian college to proceed
- Christians seek previously denied protection in Dearborn
- City apologizes to Christians arrested during Arab festival
- A cheerful verdict in Texas for religious freedom
- Nervous administration retreats in Bible publisher lawsuit
- Boykin: Tsarnaev brothers fodder for larger network
- FIRE, ADF addressing nationwide epidemic on college campuses
- School choice — What’s the holdup, Texas?
- Another appeal to Sweden re: home-schooling family
- ADF challenges school’s ‘right to censor’ student speech
- Texas AG calls out ‘political subdivisions’
- States’ role in education decisions … a thing of the past?
by Ying Ma
Immigration law may be broken but you don’t fix it by rewarding law breakers.
Chairman of the ARB report on Benghazi says the new information revealed last week wouldn’t change his findings at all.
They’re seeing the same problems we’re seeing…
CBS’s Scott Pelley said recently of mainstream news: “Our house is on fire. … We’re getting the big stories wrong over and over again.”
by Jack Dunphy
If you sat next to Ariel Castro in a movie theater, you would never guess how evil he was.
Some early indications from Capitol Hill even before news broke of the Justice Department actions that have mortified free-press advocates.
Because their story contradicted an administration narrative that no attack was planned on anniversary of bin Laden’s death.
This isn’t a “second term” thing, it’s the collapse of a decades-old ideology.
“Hey, let’s blame the video!” appears to have happened between the second and third drafts of Benghazi talking points.
His history of targeting a state not progressive enough for his tastes.
by Rick Moran
Carney says he never told the president.
The Bottom Line Is the Public Was Misled – Gloria Borger, CNN
Dam Is Leaking, But Hasn’t Broken Yet – Wesley Pruden, Washington Times
Republicans’ Benghazi Syndrome – Richard Cohen, Washington Post
President Obama Lied to the Country – Kirsten Powers, FOX News
Why IRS Scandal May Not Damage Obama – Margaret Carlson, Bloomberg
How High Does the IRS Rot Go? – John Podhoretz, New York Post
Reporter: IRS Targeted Me After Obama Interview – Dylan Byers, Politico
Is the NRA Un-American? – Stanley Fish, New York Times
Specter of ’86 Haunts Immigration Debate – Fred Barnes, Weekly Standard
Gosnell Lesson: Make Abortion Easy, Safe & Cheap – A. Marcotte, USAT
How Many More Gosnells Are Out There? – Ramesh Ponnuru, Bloomberg
Did Obama Lose Jon Stewart? – Alex Seitz-Wald, Salon
Why College Isn’t Always Worth It – David DesRosiers, Washington Times
World: Erdogan’s Great Kurdish Gamble – John Hannah, Foreign Policy
Science: The Lethality of Loneliness – Judith Shulevitz, The New Republic
Sports: Marshals to Tiger: Don’t Blame Us – Michael Bamberger, SI
- Carney On IRS: WH Can’t “Say Something Concretely Happened That Was Inappropriate”
- Krauthammer To GOP: Stop Calling Everything A Watergate, “Be Quiet And Present The Facts”
- Fournier On Obama Scandals: “Its Chickens Are Coming Home To Roost”
- McConnell On IRS Scandal: “We’ve Only Started To Scratch The Surface”
- Krauthammer: “It Is Clear That The Press Has Turned” On Obama
- Rush Limbaugh: “I Live Rent-Free” In Obama’s Head
- “NBC Nightly News” Likens Obama Scandals To Nixon Era
- Reporter To Carney: “Sounds Like The Administration Might Be Hiding Something”
- Reporter To Carney: How Does Obama Feel Being Compared To Nixon?
- Rep. Steve King: I’d Choose Obamacare Over Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants
- Reid: Republicans Playing Smear Politics On Benghazi
The Problems Pile Up for Obama – Alexis Simendinger, RealClearPolitics
In IRS Scandal, Echoes of Watergate – George Will, Washington Post
Our Ceaseless Circus – Frank Bruni, New York Times
Lies About Libya – Thomas Sowell, Investor’s Business Daily
The GOP’s Scandal Playbook Is So ’90s – Joan Walsh, Salon
Obama’s Bogus “Act of Terror” Claim About Benghazi – Glenn Kessler, WP
Gosnell Jury Saw the Truth – Christine Flowers, Philadelphia Daily News
Why Women Went to Kermit Gosnell – Michelle Goldberg, The Daily Beast
Time to Ask Obama About Gosnell – Mollie Hemingway, USA Today
My Five Biggest ObamaCare Anxieties – Jonathan Cohn, The New Republic
Levin: Beltway GOP Bought Into Tea Party Slander – Charles Johnson, DC
Obama’s Government Microtargets Americans – Ben Smith, BuzzFeed
The Real Scandal Is GOP Obstruction – Jonathan Bernstein, Washington Post
America’s New Tech Oligarchs – Joel Kotkin, The Daily Beast
Obama’s One-Sided “Reset” With Russia – Mark Salter, RealClearPolitics
Why I Had a Double Mastectomy – Angelina Jolie, New York Times
How Fishing Helps Veterans Heal — and Land Jobs – Ed Nicholson, RCP
IRS’s Turn to Answer Questions – Washington Post
Time to Drain the IRS Swamp – Boston Herald
A Bumbling Response on Benghazi Talking Points – New York Times
Gosnell & the Liberal Gospel – New York Post